“How utterly AWFUL?”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Princess Anne
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I booked this hotel based on location and web advertisement. I have never been so disappointed withheld a hotel..or should I say motel? First impression -- awful smell. Second impression-- incompetent check-in personnel who overcharged my credit and caused my credit card to decline all subsequent transactions for 8 days. I was in town to purchase items for my freshman colllege student, well that was a bust because my resources became unavailable because of a hotel error. Third impression--awful accommodations. I had an appointment and needed to iron my clothes. However, irons were not available until after 7. I had to wear wrinkled clothes to my appointment. Honestly folks, save yourself the frustration and stay someplace else. Checked out after the first night--at a $15 fee of course. Simply AWFUL!

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank kimizhis
ABVIMD, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Dear kimizhis,

Thank you for writing a traveler review with us regarding your experience in 2012. I am concerned about the issues you mentioned. We have several irons and ironing boards available for use at any time day or night. I'm not sure why you were told that they were only available after 7? We also update our facilities with new carpets, painting etc. We are also planning on adding new furniture this year. I am sorry that we could not meet your expectations.

Regards,
Cital-Manager
Americas Best Value Inn-Princess Anne, MD

Reviewed September 24, 2011

This was our second visit to Americas Best Value Inn in Princess Anne. For the price, it is very comfortable, in a good location, close to Ocean City, and the staff was kind. The restaurant next door is also very tasty. It is a nice little getaway for a few days.

Lynne

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We were disappointed as soon as we opened the door to our room. It was quite shabby and had a musty odor. The light fixture in the bathroom area was broken, but they did provide a lamp until they could replace it the following day. The management and staff were friendly, and the restaurant by the motel was amazing. Great food!!! As to whether we would stay there again, no. It was not horrible, but it was not pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
abviprincessannemd, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2015

Dear Guest,

I’m sorry you were disappointed with our hotel. I apologize that some maintenance and other issues detracted from your stay. We take pride in providing the best guest experience in the area at a great price, and I regret that we did not satisfy you.

Thanks, however, for your kind words about our staff and management. We do whatever is necessary to satisfy guests.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed June 13, 2011

This hotel has a great location in Princess Anne, and the rooms were well kept with all the necessities. Comfortable beds, no lingering smoke smell, and friendly staff. Hotel is two-story, with exterior steps, and a full-service restaurant and fast-food within walking distance.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank great3pets
Reviewed September 30, 2010

My husband and I stayed overnight while on the way to OBX. It was in a convenient spot - just turn left off of Route 13 - easy off, easy on. We chose this place because they accepted dogs (no weight limit) and the pet fee was only $15. The room was clean and had all the basics - a bed, TV, dresser, desk, and internet, but looked kind of shabby. I wouldn't want to stay there for more than one night, but for a quick overnight stop, it had everything we could ask for - a bed and a hot shower. The parking lot was lit and had ample spaces. I didn't see breakfast or coffee in the lobby, but there was a D&D just a couple miles down Route 13.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BehryCanary
ABVIMD, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2011

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience at our property. Critical feedback is a great way for us to improve guest satisfaction. We apologize for any negative experiences you had with our lack of continental breakfast, guest room. We have recently renovated each of our guestrooms and lobby. We have added new carpets, pictures, painted interior, and installed bathroom tiles. We believe these corrective measures will enhance the overall experience at our hotel. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Regards,
Ashok Patel-Owner
Americas Best Value Inn-Princess Anne, MD

Reviewed December 30, 2008

Very good location, restaurant beside the motel has great food. My motel room was very neat & clean. room was equiped with referigerator & microwave & that too without any extra charge. I stayed at this motel for 3-days. My best experience at this motel was good night sleep, bed was so comfortable. Room rate was very economical compared to other hotels in area (I inquired rates online before I called this motel). Above all motel frontdesk was very helpful. all i can say is some of the reviews written here of this motel are wrong & i dont agree with them .

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed December 28, 2008

the hotel owner was nosy, the one bed room had a funky small, Americas best name was written on the sheets, he was a toilet mouth.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting. I’m sorry that an odor and some other maintenance issues detracted from your stay and that you didn’t react well to one of our employees. We take pride in providing the highest quality guest experience possible and sincerely regret we couldn’t satisfy you.

We’ve made staffing changes since the time of your stay and have also changed many other aspects of the hotel and would welcome the chance to show you how we’ve improved.

Hotel Manager

Best Western Salisbury Plaza
Sleep Inn Salisbury
Sleep Inn Salisbury
#1 of 14 in Salisbury

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!