“tried it out...”

Holiday Inn Express Prince Frederick
Reviewed February 8, 2014

and it was meh. Only stayed here one night to maximize hotel promotions. The hotel is ok. Not much to do in the area. I did eat at a pretty good mexican restaurant though. The rooms were not bad. The breakfast was not good in the morning...poorly staffed and not a lot of selection. I'm going to stop typing about this place now.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank RussRexRey
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Prince Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear RussRexRey,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the food selections prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Stayed there in mid-January 2014.
Staff was friendly at check-in and check-out. Easy process.
Room was clean.
Temperature in the room was terribly hot. The thermostat was set to 74 when I walked in. I lowered it to 70, then 68...still HOT. Lowered it to 64, then changed the setting from heat to A/C. It then became a tolerable temperature. If anything, I prefer a warmer room, so it was not "just me."
I did not notice this at night, but in the morning, the vanity light was not functioning. Had to shave in poor light.
The shower had no hot water in the morning. Sink water also was only lukewarm at best, although at night it was hotter. Cold showers suck.
Breakfast: cereal was fine, biscuits ok. Juice was drinkable. Pancake / waffle maker (whichever it was) was out of order.
Too many things went wrong. This is not a cheap room. At this price (about $90) you should be able to expect hot water, a waffle, a bathroom light, and a reasonably functioning thermostat. There are alternative hotels in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
beckhamd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Prince Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Jeremy G.,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. I am sorry to hear that your room temperature was too warm upon check-in, due to the cold weather in our area lately, our housekeeping staff monitors room temperatures to ensure a comfortable level. Our staff encourages any guest whom encounters a maintenance issue to report it to the front desk immediately so we can take the neccessary actions.Thank you again and we hope that you can come back in the future so we can show you our great hospitality and cleanliness.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Staff is always good. Stay at this location frequently. Suite rooms are huge! Furnishings need updated to more modern standards. Breakfast is good but is the same exact thing everyday mostly. Need some variety here.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Craig H

Dear Craig H.,
Thank you for your kind review of Holiday Inn Express Prince Frederick, Maryland. As a frequent guest and an IHG loyalty member, we highly value your input. I am very pleased you found our rooms clean and spacious. I am also pleased you found our staff to be friendly and hospitable. As a frequent guest, we look forward to accommodating your lodging needs and exceeding expectations.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We came from Miami to attend an event at Maryland Int. Raceway for the weekend and stayed here since it was somewhat close to the track. The room was great- clean and VERY comfy bed. The breakfast was good, hot, and plenty of choices offered.Loved the coffee bar! The only issue I encountered was the front desk clerk Saturday morning was not so friendly. We asked for information, she made me feel as if I was a bother and acted impolite. However the rest of staff were extremely helpful and polite. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
beckhamd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Prince Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Express in Prince Frederick. I am very pleased to hear that you found our rooms clean and our breakfast appealing. I am however concerned to hear that you did not find our staff accommodating to your satisfaction. I hope that you will give us another chance to fulfill all of your expectations. Please feel free to contact me at gmhiex@crh.net at any time wiith any questions or comments.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I was a little apprehensive about staying here after reading the reviews, but it was Labor Day weekend and everywhere else better was booked. My fears turned out to be completely unfounded. Everything was nice and clean. The bed was very comfortable, with the standard Holiday Inn assortment of pillows of varying firmness. We didn't have any issues with noise, even though we were at the end of the hall by the ice machine. The housekeeping staff was excellent. We're late risers, often not getting out of hotel rooms until after 11:00. Housekeeping didn't bother us once while we were sleeping or getting ready and still provided us with excellent service both days.

The only complaint I have is the complimentary breakfast. The hours were rather short and the one morning I got up in time to get something, it wasn't worth it. So, don't depend on the hotel for breakfast. Otherwise, you can stay here with no fear!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly K
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We had to travel to Calvert Co, MD for a family funeral and found this hotel to be closest. Nice clean room. Comfortable bed. Friendly staff. Very comfortable for our one night stay. Room had mini fridge, microwave, iron and board, hair dryer. The shower head was old but efficient that had different spray options. The only complaint were the biscuits at the otherwise very nice breakfast buffet. They were hard..obviously not fresh baked. I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: ask for senior discount on expedia you don't get that option was $99 thru holidayinn.com wit...