“Love it!”
Review of Plaza Azteca - CLOSED

Plaza Azteca
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 18, 2014

In May, me and a large group (20+) people ventured out for a nice dinner to celebrate my 21st birthday. With my birthday being on Cinco de Mayo, we were unable to reserve tables, especially for that many people. We decided to arrive a little early than everyone else planned on getting there to give them time to clean tables and make room for us. After about 10 minutes, they had tables pushed together with plenty of room for all of us. The waiter was extremely friendly, very patient and had a great smile that never left his face. He immediately took me to the bar to have my first legal Tequila shot. He took all of our orders and came back to chat. I could have asked him to join us he was so nice. Our food came out pretty fast for such a big order and it was all yummy! After we were finished eating, he had our plates cleared and wasn't rushing us off. We started dinner around 7:30 and I didn't stumble out of there until after 10:30 or so. With the jumbo margaritas being $12, the bill was pretty high but it was all worth it. Plaza Azteca helped make my 21st birthday one I will never forget. Igracias!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

The restaurant is huge and very nice for special occasions and even if you had a big party they can accomodate you. The service was great, fast and very friendly. The food was also very good. Very impressed with the cleanliness too. Will be back again.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

My husband and I went to Plaza Azteca on a Saturday night around 7:15pm. The restaurant was about half occupied. I ordered the first dish under the seafood section: Camarones Mojo for $12.99. I was surprised there were around 9 very large shrimp. The dish was the best I have ever had in any Mexican restaurant. My husband had the Pescado Axteca which he enjoyed. We both had to take some of the meal home. Look forward to returning.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

One might question the advisability of opening another Mexican Restaurant in Calvert County. However, Plaza Azteca was a pleasant experience for our family. My daughter, aged 24, wanted to celebrate her birthday there with our family and her grandparents. We arrived with a large (7 person) party on a busy Friday evening. While there were no tables immediately available, the wait staff helped us push some tables together and we were able to be seated with no wait. The place was packed - always a good sign. Everyone we saw seemed to be having an enjoyable time - from couples, to families, to friends gathering for good food and drinks.

I don't recall the many different menu items that my family selected, but with distinct clarity, I recall the Fajita Burrito I had for my entree. It was awesome! I shared much of it with the family, and they all pronounced it as the best entree on the table. Different family members ordered various fajitas, burritos, tacos, enchiladas, quesadillas, etc. All were happy with their meals.

For any concerned with the food being overly spicy [such as my in-laws], I found it to be, if anything, on the mild side. The portions weren't oversized, but were just right. Several in our party had to get portions of their entrees boxed up for leftovers.

The service was great. Even though the place was clearly jumping, our waitress was very attentive, and kept our drinks coming.

As stated at the beginning of this review, its questionable bringing another Mexican restaurant to Calvert County, but Plaza Azteca is another good choice when considering where to go for a meal. We had a good time there.

2  Thank HuntingtownTraveler
Reviewed January 2, 2014

At first view I was sure the prices here would be too high. However, after one of the best meals ever, not just best Mexican meals, I was pleasantly surprised at how affordable it was. The soft drinks were a little high but I've had worse.