“Very good Mexican food.”
Review of Plaza Azteca - CLOSED

Plaza Azteca
Cuisines: Mexican
Dunkirk, Maryland
“Very good Mexican food.”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The restaurant is huge and very nice for special occasions and even if you had a big party they can accomodate you. The service was great, fast and very friendly. The food was also very good. Very impressed with the cleanliness too. Will be back again.

Visited April 2014

Hughesville, MD
“Best Mexican in Southern Maryland”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

My husband and I went to Plaza Azteca on a Saturday night around 7:15pm. The restaurant was about half occupied. I ordered the first dish under the seafood section: Camarones Mojo for $12.99. I was surprised there were around 9 very large shrimp. The dish was the best I have ever had in any Mexican restaurant. My husband had the Pescado Axteca which he enjoyed. We both had to take some of the meal home. Look forward to returning.

• Visited April 2014
Huntingtown, MD
“Another Good Mexican Food Choice in Prince Frederick”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

One might question the advisability of opening another Mexican Restaurant in Calvert County. However, Plaza Azteca was a pleasant experience for our family. My daughter, aged 24, wanted to celebrate her birthday there with our family and her grandparents. We arrived with a large (7 person) party on a busy Friday evening. While there were no tables immediately available, the wait staff helped us push some tables together and we were able to be seated with no wait. The place was packed - always a good sign. Everyone we saw seemed to be having an enjoyable time - from couples, to families, to friends gathering for good food and drinks.

I don't recall the many different menu items that my family selected, but with distinct clarity, I recall the Fajita Burrito I had for my entree. It was awesome! I shared much of it with the family, and they all pronounced it as the best entree on the table. Different family members ordered various fajitas, burritos, tacos, enchiladas, quesadillas, etc. All were happy with their meals.

For any concerned with the food being overly spicy [such as my in-laws], I found it to be, if anything, on the mild side. The portions weren't oversized, but were just right. Several in our party had to get portions of their entrees boxed up for leftovers.

The service was great. Even though the place was clearly jumping, our waitress was very attentive, and kept our drinks coming.

As stated at the beginning of this review, its questionable bringing another Mexican restaurant to Calvert County, but Plaza Azteca is another good choice when considering where to go for a meal. We had a good time there.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank HuntingtownTraveler
North Beach, Maryland
“Great location, great food.”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

At first view I was sure the prices here would be too high. However, after one of the best meals ever, not just best Mexican meals, I was pleasantly surprised at how affordable it was. The soft drinks were a little high but I've had worse.

• Visited December 2013