“Best kept secret in Calvert County”
Review of Fiesta Bar & Grill

Fiesta Bar & Grill
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish, South American, Central American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: FIESTA BAR & GRILL is a new restaurant in Prince Frederick with the best food of the Americas and more. Come and enjoy a Lomo Saltado from Peru, a delicious Fajita from Mexico, a Puerco Asado from Cuba, or a marvelous Paella from Spain
Dunkirk, Maryland
“Best kept secret in Calvert County”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

The food here is a 10; the service is an 11. The owners, servers, and hostess all are friendly and attentive. They take pains to make sure you have a good experience. Try the guacamole appetizer with flour tortilla chips... yum! The food is great, and if you have questions, just ask the staff for their help and recommendations. I had the special today (shrimp & scallops sauteed with mushrooms and vegetables). Everything tasted fresh and delicious. A big change from some of the other Latin restaurants I've eaten in lately. Even the Margaritas taste like a "real" Margarita; not a bunch of processed mixer with some tequila thrown in. Try it, you will be impressed!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Scruggsie4Prez
Amaya2, Owner at Fiesta Bar & Grill, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you Scruggsie4Prez for your nice review. We at Fiesta Bar & Grill work hard every day to make sure valued guests like you enjoy the best food, drinks, service and atmosphere, and if at any given time we come short from that, please do not hesitate to ask for me to let me know. Also I can be reached by email at Amaya2@msn.com.

Respectfully,
Saúl Amaya
Owner

Columbia, Maryland
“Fresh food and great service”
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

My family was looking to get some Mexican food and we considerable going to Plaza Azteca in the old Jaspers. After looking at reviews online we decided to check-out Fiesta. Turns out we made the right choice. The servers were all very polite and attentive. My girls are very picky and loved the Cheese Quesadias. My wife cannot have spicy food. She ordered her food without onions and it turned out great. The food came quickly and tasted so much better than anything I have had at a "Latin American" restaurant. All round a great meal at a reasonable cost.

Prince Frederick, Maryland
“Worth the trip”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

When in Calvert County you will find numerous "Latin restaurants". Most are adequate and predicable. Not Fiesta. Surprisingly refreshing. Friendly hospitable staff, always eager to make your dining experience fulfilling. The owners of this family kitchen are always on site cooking or satisfying the guests at their tables or the bar. Small intimate setting assures you will be on a first name basis with Sol and his family. Oh yeah, by the way, did I mention they have great food at reasonable prices too? Don't want to overlook that. Stop in and ask for Sol. Tell him the tequila sunrise guy sent you. You will enjoy. You will come back. You will smile.

• Visited December 2013
Maryland
“Excellent!”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Dining out at the Fiesta Bar & Grill has become a weekly event for us. We love the food and the service. Being very picky about our choices for South American/Central American food, we think this is the best in the area. The steaks are delicious and the shrimp dishes are over the top in taste and presentation. The service is wonderful and the portions are large (enough for leftovers to take home). The menu is extensive and goes well beyond the typical choices of other similar restaurants. The cost is extremely reasonable and makes for a great evening out. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Never expected this”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Patronized twice last week while on a business vacation. First night in Prince Frederick I was craving Mexican food after watching a food program of the same on television the night before so I checked out "The Mexico Restaurant" I passed on the way into town because there were several cars in the lot thinking "if the locals like it..." Well either the locals have bad taste or else all the cars in the lot were tourists like myself. To be polite, just a bad experience across the board. Forced myself to "look around" in town afterwards for other spots and found Los Toltecas which I suspect is related to the same name in northern Virginia where I've lived the past 4 years and they've gone downhill since my first introduction. BUT I NEEDED A DECENT MARGARITA, so the manager/owner obliged with a great libation. Later that evening on TripAdvisor I saw that Fiesta had great reviews for all of the qualities I love in a restaurant, locally owned, fresh ingredients, great quality, personalized and attentive service, etc. The reviews kind of knocked the "atmosphere and decor" but I don't go to a restaurant for decor and "schtick". If I want schtick, I go to Chuck E. Cheese's because I know the food will suck but I'll have a blast feeling like a kid again (and I don't have a guilt trip for shelling out $100.00 to corporate food destroyers in Wall Street)
Then there's places like Fiesta. One can spend less $ for a better tasting and better quality product, the food is typically purchased BY THE OWNERS and STAFF on a daily basis which helps the local grocers and farmers, and I don't have to worry about them taking my money and passing it on to either a politically motivated cause and/or to line the pocket of a celebrity drug addict and/or professional athlete who thumbs their nose at the underlings when the cameras aren't running.
Go to Fiesta while in town and experience for yourself what it truly means to "dine out" while feeling good about it simultaneously. You'll never want to resolve to eating at Don Puke-Oh's again.

Eric,...keep up the great customer service skills. That seems to be a lost art these days and guys like you who practice customer service like it is second nature and not a task will always come out on top. Saul, I'm keeping an eye out for that food truck I recommended you invest in and send it up this way to Baltimore. In the meantime I'll bring some family down to share the experience sometime in the next month. If Prince Frederick by some miracle doesn't work out, you've got a loyal customer up here in Baltimore.

• Visited August 2013