Open today: 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews wine tasting live music jack rabbit pizza bring your own southern maryland outdoor tasting plenty of parking great wine cheese and crackers saturday afternoon beautiful vineyard calvert county tucked away i've visited relaxing afternoon beautiful area
Reviewed August 7, 2018

My husband and I like to explore different parts of Maryland, so when I saw the Groupon for this vineyard, I jumped at the chance to go. We went for the tasting. The server was very nice, however he seemed a little frazzled. I believe we were charged for a bottle of wine that should have been our free bottle. We bought two bottles of the Rose a bottle of Riesling and then the Sangiovese (which was supposed to be our free bottle). We were charged almost $80. We decided to open the Rose when we returned home (which is almost 2 hours from the vineyard). It had sediment in the bottom and had a vinegar taste, which implies the wine is going bad. We opened the other one and tasted the same thing just not as bad. I tried chilling it and that didn't help. W were told we could bring it back but we live too far away for the effort.

1  Thank DanandKristine A
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

I am not a wine drinker, but luckily Calvert Brewing Company has a tap room located on the grounds. My wife is the wine drinker of the family,but she is not particularly fond of the wines currently being poured. There was a red reserve she really enjoyed,but that is long gone. We have been to several events here, as well as random weekend days, and always have a good time. The staff is friendly. The scenery is the main draw to me. I am reminded of an Italian landscape right here in Southern Maryland.

Reviewed June 26, 2018

This winery does not seem to have an indoor tasting room (although the villa was closed for an event the day we came, so it is possible it exists). The winery's outdoor tasting room was a fun experience since it was a nice day. The tasting itself was frustrating. I would happily pay a little more to get to sample everything instead of only getting to taste 5 wines (a "premium" tasting?). We bought a bottle of the Jack Rabbit white to enjoy at the tables.
The thing that really sets this vineyard apart is the fact that they've paired up with the Calvert Brewing Company. You can walk up to the Brewery tasting room (also outside) and have a flight of beer, or just a pint.
They also have a brick oven pizza stand, and another stand selling locally made Bloody Mary mix (the ghost pepper was excellent).

Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

Was here for a wedding this venue was outstanding, plenty of room to dream of the most beautiful wedding you could think of.

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

We visited this winery over the weekend. During our tasting session, the staff member was accommodating and very knowledgeable. We found a couple wine varieties to take home with us. What stood out most was the view from the venue. Can’t wait to come back when the vines are in bloom. The image, I imagine will be spectacular!

Reviewed February 21, 2018 via mobile

Saw Second Hand News - a Fleetwood Mac cover band on 2/17/18. Great music shared with friends/family. atoik our supper and bought wine for here. Much fun had by all!
PS: lovely venue.

Reviewed December 12, 2017 via mobile

A year ago, I’d have given this place 5 circles. It’s a very pretty vineyard. Super fun to come with a group, do a tasting, then buy wines and relax at a table. Listen to live music, enjoy good food (bring your own) and relax. We’ve been many times and always really enjoyed ourselves. Our most recent visit was not up to par, unfortunately. They’ve changed their wines, specifically the Malbec, which is a huge disappointment considering it was their best wine and award winning. We were also rushed through our most recent tasting and our guide gave us almost no info about the wines. She seemed bored and “checked out”.
The winery is on the market and I wonder if the owners have also “checked out” as the overall experience has gone downhill.
I will say the port-a-potties are always decently clean and they provide a hand washing station which is nice. Still a fun place to visit, just not as amazing as it was a year ago.

Reviewed November 25, 2017 via mobile

Running Hare Vineyard is in a beautiful area of Calvert County Maryland

Very nice tasting area with plenty of room inside and out for tasting and enjoying

Good place to bring along cheese and crackers

Wine is tasty with several varieties to taste.

Look for the Groupon! Really saves money at a very good Maryland wineary

Reviewed November 20, 2017

What makes this winery special is the atmosphere. Opinions from our group are mixed regarding the wine, the service, and the tasting experience (if it's busy it's hit or miss). But we each found a wine we liked. We brought a picnic, which included a pitcher and sliced fruit and we created our own sangria. Sitting in the beautiful setting listening to great music - it's really a wonderful way to spend an afternoon with friends.

Reviewed November 8, 2017

We have been going to Running Hare for a few year now. It is absolutely beautiful and fun. The wine is very tasty. The inside facility is gorgeous although the acoustics make it difficult for some of their events. We have been to a couple of smaller events there and we had fun but could not hear any of what was going on. The Mystery Night again fun but could't not hear a thing.