“Gem of a little restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of EZ Thai

EZ Thai
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Description: (443) 975-7477
Port Republic
“Gem of a little restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I recently ate at EZ Thai for the first time with a friend, who said "I can't believe you've never been here!" I had avoided it thinking it was just a carry-out place and was pleasantly surprised at the nice atmosphere--silk orchids in pots on the tables, quiet colors. The service was quick and friendly and the food was delicious--entrees are served with either a small salad or cup of soup, and I've never been able to finish it all so I usually have leftovers to eat the next day. We had sticky rice with mango for dessert which is possibly the best thing I've ever had. There is a bar, so you can have wine or a beer with your meal. The prices are extremely reasonable--the tab for both of us was under $30, and I had a beer with my meal.

• Visited May 2013

Silver Spring, Maryland
“Completely unexpected find on a day trip from DC--Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

After a half-day hike at a local park, a friend and I stopped in to go to the thrift store a few doors down. The thrift store was closed but the Thai restaurant was open, and I can't say how happy I am that it worked out that way. I wasn't expecting much from a Thai restaurant in rural Maryland, but they have as expansive a menu as a Thai restaurant in any larger city.

For an appetizer, we had the garden/spring rolls with tofu, which came with Thai chili sauce, and were delicious. The rolls have lettuce, cucumber, carrot, and tofu in the rice paper roll and are topped with chopped peanuts and are served on ribbons of carrots (long strings of cut carrots).

For the main dish, I ordered the drunken noodles without oyster sauce (I'm a vegetarian), and they happily accommodated my request. The vegetables in the dish were perfectly cooked, the tofu was fresh and delicious, and the noodles were fabulous. (There's a 5-level spice scale so you can season your food in a variety of ways.) My friend had a crab and rice dish that he thought was delicious, too.

They had taro custard and another taro dessert--I forget what it was--that I would have loved to try, but I wasn't hungry enough for dessert.

The service is friendly and fast, too. Dinner prices are $10.95 for vegetable dishes to $13.95 (I think) for meat dishes. The servings are large--neither my friend nor I were able to finish our dish. The decor is fairly standard Thai restaurant pink, white, and red, with photos from Thailand, fake flowers on the tables, and elephant figurines on a shelf on the wall. It's not fancy, but it's pleasant. Frankly, I wasn't paying attention to the decor once my food arrived because my taste buds were so happy. There are a few tables outside, too, though there is only a view of a parking lot. Still, it's great to have an outdoor dining option.

If you're near Prince Frederick, this place is absolutely worth going out of the way for! A fantastic surprise.

• Visited May 2013
Maryland
“Diverse menu, delicious dessert”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Meeting friends here for my first Thai meal was tons of fun! Though I had no idea what to order, the descriptive and interesting menu gave me lots of available options. My choice -- a battered seafood dinner served with a spicy soup for dipping -- was delicious, and our food was served piping-hot and quickly. The dessert was my favorite: a sweet coconut rice served with slices of mango. Delicious and unlike anything I've had before.

Though the restaurant itself is not large, it easily accommodated the many patrons stopping by on a Saturday night -- and was very efficiently run. We had a great time chatting here and got excellent service . . . especially appreciated since we shut the place down! The prices were affordable, and my fiance is still raving about the Thai tea. Definitely worth a stop.

• Visited March 2013
Dameron, Maryland
“Nice to see a Thai restaurant in Prince Frederick, but just average Thai food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

I'm glad to see a Thai restaurant finally in Prince Frederick, MD, but the food here was just average to me. Service was quick and friendly. Not much here for atmosphere. I feel the food is of better quality at Thai Inter in St. Mary's county and at The Thai Grill in Charles County. But if you don't happen to be in those areas and have a hankering for Thai food - the food at EZ Thai will suffice.

• Visited January 2013
Maryland, USA
“Yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This tiny little place has some good Thai food! The only place in the area-their dishes are delish. Not a lot of room to eat in, but you can always take out!

Visited January 2013