“Sushi is very good!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
“Sushi is very good!”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

chef John is very friendly, and makes awesome shushi! If you don't see it on the menu,
just ask him, he will make it for you if possible.
He even made me a special treat for my Birthday!

The restaurant could use a good cleaning, it is showing age, but overall very good.

• Visited May 2013

Maryland
“Good food, prepared quickly”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We recently popped into Sakura to celebrate a friend's birthday. I've eaten in the Waldorf restaurant before, but never at the Prince Frederick location -- and I'd say this one is definitely the smaller of the two. We arrived before our friends, so had to wait to be seated (a sign at the door acknowledges that all members of a party must be present before you'll get your table). Not really a problem, though.

Our orders were taken quickly, followed by the arrival of soup and salad. Our chef came out soon after and got to work on our meals. The food was delicious, as always -- I got the teriyaki chicken, which was great! I love the fried rice and vegetables, too, and the portions are huge. I took at least half of my dinner home.

As most of the experience is watching the food get prepared (and it's loud), it's not the best atmosphere for in-depth conversation. If you're looking for an intimate dinner out, I'd look elsewhere. But if you're seeking a fun meal out and don't mind dining with other patrons, Sakura is enjoyable!

• Visited March 2013
Port Republic
“Our favorite birthday place”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My kids love Sakura and we have celebrated their birthdays there for many years (they're now 21 and 18). We have never had a problem with service, being seated in a timely fashion, etc. The food is good and the chefs are a lot of fun. It's a little expensive, which is why we tend to go on special occasions, but you don't leave hungry. The yum yum sauce is the best!

• Visited October 2012
Huntingtown, Maryland
“best restaurant in Prince Frederick”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Nie atmosphere, excellent shusi, open for lunch as well as dinner. Always more than you can eat. Service is excellent. Good choice for birthday dinners as you have the entertainment. Everything is fresh, does not get any better.

Visited July 2012
Sacramento, California
“2 strikes and there out...terrible service again”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We were invited for another dinner there. It was middle of the week so we thought we'd have better luck this time... I have yet to go and get decent service and in fact we ended up leaving and eating elsewhere. (to be fair, my husband and son did go again once since our last trip and had decent service) We had 6:30 reservations for our party of 6. 2 members were 10 minutes late. There was no hostess anywhere to be found...even for those of us who arrived on time. at 6:50 we walked to the back of the restaurant to find the hostess who told us a party of 20 had a 6:30 reservation and had arrived on time. We'd have to wait at least another 20 minutes to be seated as they didn't have enough chefs for us. My question for them is what would they have done if we had all arrived at 6:30 for our reservation. They'd obviously taken reservations for more parties than they could accomodate. Also, the restaurant was empty exc for a few patrons at the sushi bar, that party of 20 were the only ones seated at any table, and a 3rd party of about 8 came in after us and were waiting. I have friends who have gone multiple times and love it, but I've yet to experience any positives there.

• Visited May 2012