“This restaurant is hit or miss.”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Cuisines: Australian
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is hit or miss. Sometimes you get good service sometimes you get good food other times it's the opposite. The food varies on the cook. To my recent visits was less than satisfactory. If steak is what you're after my recommendation is going to St. Mary's County...

1  Thank AKSFuller

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Loud and Crowded is really an understatement. Between the loud music and the extremely crowded tables it was impossible to carry on a conversation with the person across from you. It reminded me of a school cafeteria. It was difficult to get to the booth we were in because of the table that left almost no room for you to walk. The steaks were good but that is the only good thing I could say about the place. I would not go there for a date or a couples night out because you really can not enjoy the company of the one you are with. I would most likely not return because I like to have a conversation with my wife when we eat out. I guess for the younger crowd that just text all the time and never seem to have a real conversation it might be ideal because they would have an excuse for why the are not talking to the person across the table.

Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

I have to say that I probably asked for it. Going to Outback for my birthday dinner probably wasn't the best decision, and on this visit, that was proven true.

Our visit started out with my mother putting our name down with the hostess. We patiently waited for our name to be called, and when the expected wait time passed, my mother asked where we were on the list. As it turned out, our name was put down incorrectly, and a different family got seated when the incorrect name was called. A little frustrating, but at least it was rectified.

When we got seated, the server was generally attentive, but our order was brought out piecemeal, with an entree brought as an appetizer, and a side dish was brought out on someone else's plate. Not a gigantic deal, but when you couple that with the abnormally long wait time, it was quite frustrating.

The steaks were not bad, but one in our party ordered a medium steak, and got it well done.

Our party is generally not that picky in restaurants, but all of us left unsatisfied and probably won't be back here. It's a shame since Calvert County is kind of limited in restaurant options as it is. Oh well.

2  Thank suppressor86
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Hostess was pleasant.
Waitress always had a smile and was attentive,
Artichoke dip: meh, average at best.
Garden salad: good.
Grilled salmon: as expected for this type of place. Cooked appropriately.
Brownie sundae: average.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This restaurant has been recently renovated and has a very updated look. It has a good atmosphere and great staff. It is usually busy but mostly worth the wait or try the call ahead seating or to go dining. Staff is great and the food is good.