“Disappointing”

Good for: Families with children
Waldorf, Maryland
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stoneys has really changed. It has been about 2 years since our last visit to this restaurant. The crab cakes are smaller and they no longer use lump crab meat. The salad had too much iceberg lettuce. The server was inattentive. We had to ask another server to get our bill. If I'm going to drive 40 minutes, at least I deserve quality food and sevice for the price. Next time we'll dine in Annapolis or Baltimore where there are plenty of restaurants with better reputations.

Gettysburg, PA
“If money isnt an issue but quality is....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stoney's Prince Frederick is in a strip mall. I know they have a beautiful location down Broomes Islands but I ended up in this location this time. Even though it is in a strip mall it is decorated nicely inside. I agree about young staff hanging at the bar. We could hear their convos and it was annoying. When I pay $100 for lunch I want ....I don't know, I am just saying if management reads this, you need to fix it. The menu has alot all seafood faves. My stomach just growled when I typed that! BBQ shrimp, daily fish, crabcakes, crab balls, baskets of perfectly fried items and steamer pots (pots of a bunch of steamed sea critters). Stoney's is not cheap. 4 Oyster Rockefeller cost $12. They tasted frickin amazing. The crabcake goes by market price. The day we went it was $22. They offer a smaller one as well but if you are going go big. Another reviewer commented the cake was full of filler and I will yell LIES to that. One of us ordered a basket that was 4 fried shrimp, 2 crab balls, and french fries for $19. It was great, it was, but $19. I guess what I am saying is this is a GREAT place for your special occasion meal or a date night. I am super cheap but I always try to hit Stoney's when in Southern Maryland. Is this review helpful for you? If so click yes! Thanks!

3 Thank paymeami2
tracys landing
“Never again!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

the service was slow food not great and way over priced, the crab cake was full of filler the waitress was friendly but clueless didnt know the menu and what she did tell us was wrong or incomplete, the bar was full of loud mouthed idiots that had no problem yelling the F word frequently and the staff never said a word to them. nice decor kinda cute place but very poorly run and the food quality is not up to par.

Maryland
“Not worth the trip.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Service is horrible, especially outside. Bartender is rude. Drink are terrible, in a plastic cup and expensive. Food it OK but not worth the high price.

• Visited May 2013
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
“Memorable dessert”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Good food, but ambience needs some sprucing up. I remember some sort of banana dessert that I raved about for weeks. Service was also good.