“The fish sandwich is incredible”

Jerry's Place Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Maryland, United States
“The fish sandwich is incredible”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

While waiting for our sandwiches the staff provided a taste of things to come. In addition they offered us water for our service dog. Kind and attentive staff. Great fish sandwiches and yummy desserts.

Nashville, Tennessee
“Excellent Food , A bit overpriced”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Went to Jerry's on a recent visit to the area to see family. My aunt had recommended it and we decided to go check it out. From the road it doesnt look like much but when you get inside, the place is fun and kinda funky with neat caricatures on the walls and a light pleasant atmosphere. The staff are friendly and welcoming.
I had the scallops and they were delicious. The cooking and the sauce on them was wonderful and very tasty. The price however was a bit shocking as I had about 6 scallops on the plate and although they were fairly large sea scallops, it was 29.95 for them, which I felt was a bit steep. I then had the homemade strawberry pie for dessert and there again it was very good but I felt that 7.95 for a small slice of pie was a little steep.
We all did enjoy our meals and if you want good seafood I do recommend trying Jerry's. Just be advised that it is not going to be an inexpensive proposition. For two of us with meals and dessert and soft drinks it was (with tip) 93.00

Dover, Delaware
“No better crab cakes any where”
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Great seafood including crab cakes and fresh fish. The owners are top rate in running a restaurant. right on Solomon Island Rd. easy to locate. The wait staff is extremely accomodating

Visited June 2013
Maryland
“Great (really) dining experience!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Was in southern Maryland for just a few hours on Sunday (Fathers Day 2013) and asked a local about for a suggestion for a good seafood restaurant before heading home. I had considered the Rod and Reel but the locals suggested Jerry's Place. Took the advise and my son and I had a great meal at Jerry's. Service was fantastic - our waiter (Lloyd?) even brought us samples off the menu (including sides - my son ordered the kale side dish based on this that he never would have ordered otherwise). Food was prepared perfectly - really good. I don't get to that part of my state often but will try to come up with an excuse to get there again just to eat at Jerry's.

Maryland
“Surprisingly Good, Not Inexpensive”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Jerry was a doll on our first visit, offering us tastes of the kale, stewed tomatoes, fried fish, and soft shelled crabs. The tomatoes were oversugared, but the other treats were yum. We ordered the 4 oz crab cake dinner--we were in Southern Maryland after all--the crab cake was perfectly seasoned and full of rich crab, but the price was a bit high, as others have said.I think I will have the fried halibut next time even tho I normally don't order fried fish, as the sample was yum. But actually, I would wait another 20 minutes and go on down to Thai Inter which was terrific and a much better value. However, Jerry's has a extremely friendly family staff, and if you're hankering for seafood, this is the place....