“Love it!”

Saphron Restaurant at the Old Field House
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Southern Cooking SAPHRON RESTAURANT at OLD FIELD HOUSE 485 Main Street, Prince Frederick, MD, 20678. Phone: (443)-975-7560 Fax: (443)-975-7562
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I truly loved my experience at Saphron the owner was on point and she provided my wife and daughter a delightful time. The food was superb

1  Thank Smoke1974

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is a wonderful restaurant located in an old restored home. The food is superb. It is Southern style cooking that is really outstanding. I visited twice. The service is very good and personal. You are sure to enjoy it.

1  Thank Bob M
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Before I write the comment, I will go
back to Saffron to give it a second
chance. I love gumbo but it was served cool and had to be reheated. When served the 2nd time, we were told that that they ran out of collard greens hence they were missing. Service was slow and the dinner took about 3 hours. Our check had a 18% tip included which wasn't equal to the total experience. Our friends who had dined at Saffron before were positive so we'll try it again when in the area. Bill B.

2  Thank Bill B
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We used to love going to the Old Field Inn for birthdays, anniversaries, and other special occasions. Wonderful ambiance to the old restaurant. So....we were very curious what had become of the Old Field Inn. We checked out Saphron and had mixed opinions within our 7 guests. I thought that the service was very good....the owner came and spoke with us at some length, and our server was a member of her family and also very attentive.

I ordered the Shrimp Gumbo for my appetizer and Saphron's Swai Basi Filet (Catfish). I loved the presentation of the fillet [the scoring on it was beautifully done]. Both my gumbo on my catfish were terrific. However, the other 6 guests in our party did not all love their food. My daughter ordered the lobster ravioli and didn't care for it. My father-in-law ordered Miss Rosa's Fried Chicken, which he proclaimed as excellent. I cannot recall what the rest of my family ordered, but they said that it wasn't too memorable.

Bottom line, our take on the food was very mixed, which is why I titled my review as "love it or hate it". At the least, if you live in or close to Calvert County, you have to give it a try and see for yourself. If you like or think you would like "Low Country Food", you'll really enjoy Saphron. If that isn't your cup of tea, try it anyway just to see what you think...

Miss Charlene and her staff do aim to please, so at the very least, you will be well taken care of.

1  Thank HuntingtownTraveler
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Old farm house convert to a restaurant. Saphrom moved here from a strip mall after amking their name up the road. Have been after the owner for years to improve their wine list - terribly limited. a real draw back for a good dinner. The menu has gotten stale and could use a makeover. Still worth a visit now and then.

1  Thank pierre20639