“Popovers, French Onion soup are amazing”
Review of Normandie Farm

Normandie Farm
Reserve with OpenTable
Normandie Farm is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 56 Restaurants in Potomac
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Democracy Blvd
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The meal always starts with a popover fresh out of the oven, served with jam and whipped butter. I will say no one makes popovers as good as Normandie Farms. Next, we all ordered the French onion soup, again I will say that no one makes it better. Here is where the food gets tricky, as there are many choices for a main course. This is a French restaurant and not everyone likes French food, or knows what to expect. The pastas and the salads are delicious and served decoratively. The scallops and escargot along with their accompanying sauces were perfect according to those who had them. I ordered the lump crab cake sandwich but I knew that I shouldn't have even as I ordered it because the price was too low and the French are not know for crab cakes. It was served with a nice Bernaise sauce and while it did have only lump crab meat, mostly it was breading. The French fries that came with it were yummy though and I was pretty much already full from the popover and soup, so not really a big deal.

The decor is very unique and quite nice. Fireplaces we going. Everything seemed clean and tidy. This is not really a casual restaurant, but for lunch, better casual is acceptable for your comfort level although I doubt the staff would comment or turn you away as they do at some older establishments.

Service is very nice. You will not be rushed making it especially nice for family gatherings or business meetings where you want to linger and chat.

1  Thank Maryland0505

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We recently went here for Christmas Brunch. It was my first time going here, and I was excited because I love restaurants in historic sites. The restaurants is convenient for parking, as they have a big parking area. While the place had the look and feel I expected, I was suprised that the service didn't really go along with it. For instance, we asked what appeared to be a manager if he could take our picture, and he said not until they were less busy. Not one person there said Merry Christmas or showed any special holiday spirit, though the young woman who worked in the front was nice. After we were seated, it took forever for someone to come and take our drink order. And then after he brought it, we never saw him again!! I couldn't order a second drink, and we could never get our plates cleared because no one was ever available to help us with these. While the food was good (pretty standard brunch food; the popovers were very good), there were a few things that were kind of gross. They were serving a squash soup, and you could know this just by picking up a soup bowl! They were all full of leftover soup!! Sooooo gross!!!!! It took us forever to find a clean plate in the brunch line too! In a separate area, they had desserts sitting, and the coconut cake looked appetizing, except for one thing! The top was squished under an antique-looking piece of wooden furniture! I love antiques but not in my food! (plus, I'll assume it was made way before those 1970s lead laws!). Overall, we had a good time, but I admit I was a bit disappointed. I thought, especially for Christmas, they would have tried to make it a special dining experience. I won't be rushing back here.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

This is a very pretty restaurant and it has an interesting history. It is best known for the Sunday brunch. Although there is an enormous spread, it is not very tasty. I have been a couple of times, thinking maybe the food, to I was off that day. But, it is consistently bland.

1  Thank kleinsa
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Family favorite. Good solid cooking. Classic dishes. Reasonable prices. Can't ask for more. There was a slight downward trend in recent years but that has been reversed and now it is on a more even keel. A lot of happy memories.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Perfect for a business lunch, date night, or family special occassions. The service is friendly and the staff is very knowledgable. It is a nice, but relaxed resturant - you really feel like you're in the French country-side minus the French.
Great meat selections, terrific desserts, and don't forget the pop-overs.