“Not Just Oysters!”

The Grilled Oyster Company
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grilled Oyster Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 54 Restaurants in Potomac
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Tuckerman Lane & Seven Locks Road
Potomac, Maryland
“Not Just Oysters!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Good variety of fresh food, wonderful service, a nice 'white tablecloth' addition to our neighborhood. Several visits to The Grilled Oyster Company have confirmed our initial impression that, although located in a suburban strip mall, it is a reliable, upbeat place to dine with friends.

2 Thank savvytraveler506

“Really!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I guess all those people who wrote raving reviews didn't order the fried oysters. Any place that calls themself an oyster company should be able to not only shuck them, but excell in frying these delightful crustations without murdering them and sucking all their juiciness and flavor out of them, by coating them with thick pasty,course textured batter. So. I cannot condone a very positive review and will probably never return. I love fried oysters and the best place to have them is at many local firehouses this fall throughout Maryland.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Hope B
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Best oyster place in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I went there to try out various oyster dishes and they were with out exception excellent. The service was also excellent. With oysters I only drink wine or beer so can't comment on mixed drinks. I had a stout new to me, Flying Dog, and it was as deep in flavor as Guinness but sweeter like a porter.I tried all four oyster appetizers, Rockefeller, Southwest, Rick's, and crab stuffed. All were very good. The oysters Rockefeller was the bet I have ever had in the DC area. A few places in North Carolina make them that are as good. I also had 6 Chinkateque salts which are had to find here and they were excellent and opened without spilling the juice. My wife had a crab cake sandwich that she rated excellent.

• Visited September 2013
Rockville, Maryland
“has potential, but needs work”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

My wife and I ordered a range of items, including the letuce wraps appetizer and drinks to get started. Also, at no cost, you get a nice little veggie crudite. The lettuce wrap was pretty good, although very salty and understandably messy. The drinks were lacking; my wife's mojita was awful so we sent it back, and my margarita was just okay. If I had a restaurant and were charging $11 for cocktails, I would make sure the staff knew how to make them, and I would not use a cheap sour mix. Our entrees were a bit better, although my chioppino was also really salty. For someone who is supposed to be watching his salt intake, the food had me worried and was incredibly more salty than I am used to. My wife's entree was better, although I can't recall what it was. The selection was not very inspired; seafood restaurants need to realize that customers can get salmon and rockfish and tilapia (i.e., cheap fish) just about anywhere, so please offer a better selection if you want us to become regulars.

Washington, DC
“Finally, an EXCELLENT restaurant in Potomac”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Bored of tired Normadie Farm? Disappointed in other Potomac restaurants?

You are in luck! Potomac finally has a restaurant worth visiting.

Vibrant, professional and friendly service, consistently "wow" food.

We had eight small plates and we rated seven excellent and one very good.

So happy we discovered this place. We will become regulars.

2 Thank IntrepidFromDC