“High quality food, convenient location, but loud”

Sugo Osteria & Pizzeria
Reserve with OpenTable
Sugo Osteria & Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 57 Restaurants in Potomac
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Sugo is brought to you by Chef Dimitri Moshovitis and the Cava Mezze group. Hand made pastas, artisan pizzas, hand crafted cocktails and much more in this fun Italian Pizzeria.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Very good food. Delicious. Lots of variety. Great for sharing (with groups). Service was attentive but not overbearing. We had a lot of fun and really enjoyed the high quality of the food.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We were invited to a family birthday dinner for six folks. We orders about twelve different things (some multiple) to "try it all". The restaurant was so noisy, it was impossible to have a conversation - a big issue for a tapas sharing venue. Additionally, watching the manager personally serve the table next to us (and making their pizza - sanitation rules....) was a bit disappointing as our service was energetic, but poor due to the uncoordinated team approach.

Now the food. Only the scampi pasta and lamb chops were good. The rest was either bland or strange. For example, the beet salad had almost zero beets, the sumo shrimp had a decent sauce, but wasn't fully cooked, pizza was boring and bland, .... You get the picture.

Cost was crazy expensive for the airport snack bar tables and noise. Seemed like the thirty something crowd was having a good time sipping wine and yelling at the bar (middle or restaurant).

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Went for my second time. Food was pretty good. Brussel sprouts were very, very good. Coincidentally, I had the same waiter. Not sure if he was having an 'off' day or not, but the service was def. not as good as the first time. Restaurant is generally very noisy, but I ate outside this time.
I realize they consider the menu offerings tapas, but it is a bit pricey for what you get. 4 plates with water was almost $50 with tip for lunch.
I expect to go back.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Described as Italian Topas, the cuisine matches the description. The food is tasty and well prepared, maybe a bit heavy on the salt, but not terrible. Service is average, not bad, not great. Noise level: The restaurant was only about half full and we had trouble hearing people speaking at our table of 5. Probably a good place to plug into iTunes and save the conversation for later.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I've dined here 3 times in 6 weeks and each time was a pleasure. The first two times I had their chicken (very small pieces) on a waffle with a cherry sauce. Divine but very small portion which wasn't a problem for me because I don't eat large portions. The last time I had the ravioli which was goat cheese in a butter light cream sage sauce. My guests enjoyed their meals and especially their salads. I arrived one day for Happy Hour and was disappointed to find out they didn't open until 5 PM. We were accomodated at 4:40 and served cocktails at the bar even though they were not officially open yet. Plus, our cocktail orders were customized to our specific requests. This is great customer service because we easily could have gone next door to Founding Farmers which was open and is also a great restaurant. The ambiance at Sugo is great and you can't go wrong here unless you plan to sit at the bar on a Fri. or Sat. evening when it's chaotic.