“Weekend lunch”

Sugo Osteria & Pizzeria
Reserve with OpenTable
Sugo Osteria & Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 54 Restaurants in Potomac
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Sugo is brought to you by Chef Dimitri Moshovitis and the Cava Mezze group. Hand made pastas, artisan pizzas, hand crafted cocktails and much more in this fun Italian Pizzeria.
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Weekend lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Went for my second time. Food was pretty good. Brussel sprouts were very, very good. Coincidentally, I had the same waiter. Not sure if he was having an 'off' day or not, but the service was def. not as good as the first time. Restaurant is generally very noisy, but I ate outside this time.
I realize they consider the menu offerings tapas, but it is a bit pricey for what you get. 4 plates with water was almost $50 with tip for lunch.
I expect to go back.

• Visited July 2013

Rockville, Maryland
“Tasty Food But Bring Ear Plugs”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Described as Italian Topas, the cuisine matches the description. The food is tasty and well prepared, maybe a bit heavy on the salt, but not terrible. Service is average, not bad, not great. Noise level: The restaurant was only about half full and we had trouble hearing people speaking at our table of 5. Probably a good place to plug into iTunes and save the conversation for later.

• Visited June 2013
Rockville, Maryland
“Accomodating and Great Vibe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I've dined here 3 times in 6 weeks and each time was a pleasure. The first two times I had their chicken (very small pieces) on a waffle with a cherry sauce. Divine but very small portion which wasn't a problem for me because I don't eat large portions. The last time I had the ravioli which was goat cheese in a butter light cream sage sauce. My guests enjoyed their meals and especially their salads. I arrived one day for Happy Hour and was disappointed to find out they didn't open until 5 PM. We were accomodated at 4:40 and served cocktails at the bar even though they were not officially open yet. Plus, our cocktail orders were customized to our specific requests. This is great customer service because we easily could have gone next door to Founding Farmers which was open and is also a great restaurant. The ambiance at Sugo is great and you can't go wrong here unless you plan to sit at the bar on a Fri. or Sat. evening when it's chaotic.

• Visited April 2013
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Eat here often”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

The food here is beyond good. The same owners as Cava, and some of the dishes are similar, but definitely a different menu. I had the Truffle Gnocchi, Sauteed Mussels and Goat Cheese and Beet Skewers. I also had a focaccia to take with me and it was absolutely delicious. It is best to go with a group, I went solo but enjoyed it very much. You want to order everything you can on this menu, so if you have the chance to go back multiple times, dining solo is fine, otherwise bring a group. Larger than Cava and more open feel.

• Visited September 2012
washington dc
“A "Sugo-rific Meal"-the closest tastes of Italy in the Rockville, Bethesda Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I just visited Sugo for the second time and three letters describe it-OMG!!!!! I always long for the true tastes of my visits to Italy but my wife and I both agree that if we were blindfolded and tasted the dishes we ordered, we would think we were there. This is a casual diamond of a restaurant. Every aspect of the food is fresh, fresh, fresh and homemade, homemade and homemade. We started with an amazing watermelon mozarella salad that was rich in intricacy with wonderful tomatoes and an excellent balsamic dressing. A special was a cheese ravioli with pinenuts and there pastas are homemade and prepared fresh each day. I thought I was sitting in Napoli enjoying the amazing tastes of this dish. I then had a roasted chicken in a delicious light but well prepared sauce that was so delicious that I took the fresh italian bread and cleaned the dish of any remaining sauce so that I could consume every bit to the last drop! My wife had a shrimp dish with fresh tomatoes and herbs which made our taste buds rise from the fatigue of the work day. We shared a marguerita pizza and both agreed again that it was equal to Italy in taste and ingredients. Our meal ended with creme brulee which was light yet rich in taste. The menu is extensive and the caring of the management staff is even more. I met Gus and Jena and I would ask for them when you come to the restaurant because they are so dedicated to making guests happy and really make guests feel at home. The service at the restaurant is caring and the waiters really know their dishes and are proud of what they serve. This restaurant is a true find and we cannot wait to return.

• Visited May 2013