“We love the Bolger Center!”
Review of Bolger Center

Bolger Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Potomac
Reviewed March 20, 2009

We've stayed at the Bolger Center a dozen times in the past five years and wouldn't consider any other venue in the DC area.
We always book a suite, which provides all the space we need and then some at a most reasonable price. During our last visit, we discovered that our suite had been newly redecorated, and we love the comfy duvets which replaced the standard heavy hotel bedspreads. Our rooms have always been immaculate.
The staff are the best - professional and accommodating - and now, they greet us by name when we arrive.
The food is great - wonderful variety at reasonable prices for this area. The beautifluly landscaped grounds are a plus and contribute to the atmosphere of quiet and privacy.
If we had to list a negative, we'd say the public areas (lobby, halls, etc.) look a bit tired, but we understand there are plans to refurbish them soon.
We've tried similar properties in the DC region and find they simply can't live up to the Bolger Center.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 19, 2009

I was on business in DC and surrounding area and stayed at the Bolger Center. It is a simple 20 minute drive from downtown DC. Room was great, it had all what the business traveler needs (clean, efficient and the beds were comfortable). The staff was friendly and professional. Great breakfast buffet in the morning and in the evening I had some good pub food at the Pony Express bar (Restaurant option is available). Good parking. The premises are nice, quite and very relaxing, but the bar was busy....good mixture. It was a great place to stay for a very affordable price.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2009

The restaurant team especially the hostess were a delight. I especially enjoyed the breakfast buffet! The front desk staff were helpful and friendly. Superb service! I really enjoyed my stay...

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2009

The grounds were beautiful even though it was 30 degrees. I can't wait to return when everything is in bloom. The postal themes and fun facts spread throughout the property were almost like a fun little game.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed March 11, 2009

The suite we were given was clean and the linens looked like they were brand new. The amenities were wonderful, coffee maker, iron board, and hairdryer all centrally located in the room. Great opportunity to help the environment with their eco-friendly turn down service. I was told that the property sits on 83 acres of immaculate ground. Everybody from the front desk clerk to the dining room attendant were all friendly throughout my visit. I had forgotten toothpaste at home and a guest services representative brought one right up to me. The food was 5 star dining, great variety even for people on a diet. Bolger offers free shuttle service to get off the property which was wonderful to be able to see the neighboring area.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 7, 2009

I booked a room at the Bolger because of location and the attractiveness of the "hotel"'s website. They bill it as a resort. It's actually a glorified dormitory. When I entered the room, I could not believe what I saw. It was the smallest room I've ever stayed at in North America. I measure the dimensions (my shoe is exactly 12" long so it was easy). It measured 8'x11' (sic). I called the front desk and asked if they had a larger room. The response was that all the rooms were identical. I asked if they would refund my money if I requested to leave. They said they wouldn't. The TV was circa the 70's. It only displayed 2 colors: orange and green. In the morning I went to the health club. There were 2 machines in it: a treadmill and a stairclimber. Each had "Out of Order" signs posted on them.
It is reprehensible that they would bill this property as a "Resort".

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank nytonc2007
Reviewed January 13, 2009

ok, I've read the reviews posted previously, and it would appear that the Bolger Center has made some dramatic improvements. The grounds are beautiful, the front desk staff was remarkably attentive and although most of them spoke english with an accent, all were understandable. The facilities are very clean, and while not luxurious, they are, what I'd call business upscale. The rooms are TINY, it's obvious this place wasn't originally designed as a hotel, but, they are very well laid out, with standard ammenities, TV, Phone, CD Player, in room coffee pot, iron, etc. The bed was very comfortable, the linens looked almost brand new, and they provided 3 pillows, each of a different firmness. The Pony Express bar is cool, but not a truely happening nightspot.

The real problem I think folks will have with this place is the remote location. If you're coming here to train, great, stay here, eat here, drink here, train here, sleep here. If you want to see D.C. or Baltimore, or really anything BUT the Bolger Center, rent a car.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mactrekr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Potomac
Bethesda Marriott Suites
EVEN Hotel Rockville
#5 of 14 in Rockville
Cambria hotel & suites Rockville
Hilton Washington DC / Rockville Executive Meeting Center

Been to Bolger Center? Share your experiences!