“excellent!”
Review of Founding Farmers

Founding Farmers
Reserve with OpenTable
Founding Farmers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 57 Restaurants in Potomac
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Montrose Road West
Transit: Take the Metro Red Line to the Rockville or Bethesda station • Take the Montgomery County Ride On 47 bus to the corner of Seven Locks Rd. and Montrose Rd. • Walk north along Seven Locks Road 0.1 mile to Cadbury Ave. • Turn right, walk 0.2 mile to 12505 Park Potomac Ave.
Description: MoCo's Founding Farmers is owned by the more than 40,000 family farmers of the NDFU. serving American inspired real food and drink with an emphasis and focus on scratch-cooking. While our restaurant is supplied by hundreds of family farms everywhere, that doesn't mean we know every farm, and that doesn't mean we never have to buy product from the traditional (corporate) supply chain. However, it does mean that we are working hard to direct our purchasing dollars where it aligns with our values. We're serving the best food we can, made from scratch in our kitchens every day. Our innovative, American dishes are made primarily with pure ingredients honoring the farmers and their hard-earned bounty.
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This place is definitely one of my top dining now! Its amazing from the drinks right down to the atmosphere! I got a cosmo w/kettle one but they offer a variety of specialty drinks! one of the things that I love about this place is that they are gluten free and allergy free friendly!!! Everything is so fresh and everything is made in house!!! I highly recommend the honey-butter cornbread it was out of this world!!! and for an entree I would recommend the goat cheese ravioli w/ chicken cutlet! TO DIE FOR! so good will definitely be coming back!!!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We went here with another couple on a Friday night, it was crowded but services seems to have improved since the opening. The food still takes awhile but at least you know it's fresh and everyone enjoyed their meal. I have been slowly hooked on the enchilada and skirt steak. A ton of food for $20 and you leave quite full.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Although some of the food is just "ok", the poke salad and fish dishes are delicious. And the homemade deserts, are not only gynormous, but very tasty. Eating at the bar or tables next to it, are my favorite spots.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We live in the adjacent neighborhood and had heard good things about this place; we finally took the family for brunch, and I would sum up my feelings as "underwhelmed." We had a reservation and were seated promptly, but the waitstaff and ambiance had sort of a pretentiousness that seemed somehow misaligned with their "locally sourced" theme. I think the fact that folks rate this place highly has something to do with the fact that few people are cooking at home these days. When my husband's sunny side up eggs, bacon, and hashbrowns arrived, it pretty much looked like something I could have made at home...and without all that much trouble, either. I'm not even big on fancy plating, but his meal literally looked like it was plopped down on the plate without even a grind of pepper. Just kind of boring. All of our meals tasted okay, but nothing that I would really swoon over. If you really want a taste of what locally sourced, knock your socks off food tastes like, try Woodberry Kitchen in Baltimore. I was hoping to find that sort of establishment much closer to home, but sadly, this just didn't meet the mark.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I make an effort to always try something different each time I eat here and I have never been disappointed. Not the healthiest eating establishment but man is the food to die for or what and the staff, well they are top notch. This is definintely a well managed chain - nobody does popcorn better!