“Real French Food in Potomac”
Review of Bezu - CLOSED

Bezu
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: River Road
Description: Bezu, the French term for "Kiss" brings a French Regional and Contemporary American cuisine to Potomac Village. The menu is seasonally inspired, using fresh, local and organic products when available. Our sommelier is well versed at pairing wines to enhance the dining experience. Upon arrival, relax in the restaurant's lounge and chic onyx bar and choose from a signature martini or champagne cocktail. Bezu also offers a tasting menu at the chef's table. Full catering on and off premises. Happy Hour M-F 5:00 to 6:30, and Half Price Monday wine night from our cellar.
Reviewed January 9, 2012

This was our first visit to Bezu, it is an unexpected find in a shopping plaza, nestled between a dry cleaners and a burger joint. Restaurant Week was was the perfect excuse to try out Bezu. The hostess was dressed in a disheveled (non)fashion and the decor is quite plain. However, the food was very good, which was the reason for our visit. I had the Beet & Goat cheese salad, the green risotto and the crepes were authentic- light and crisp, as they should be. As long as you manage your expectations, don't go to Bezu for ambiance nor the decor, if you go for good food and service, you'll be fine.

Reviewed December 2, 2011

What hidden gem!. Who would have thought that a very high end amazing French restaurant would be hidden in a strip mall?. It was our anniversary and my husband did a little research to help us find this out of the way restaurant. He called in advance since this was our 1st time dining at this establishment and booked a chefs tasting menu. They even put some of my favorite ingredients in our 7 course meal!. What a truly wonderful dining experience!. I have no idea why anyone would mock the sommelier here. Olivier was so kind and helpful. He recommended some wonderful wines and even gave us a champagne toast. This man truly knows his wines without being annoying or pretentious. The place was packed and my husband had originally booked a booth. But that went to a celebrity. Who I will not name :-). That's okay though because they spoiled us with service!. 1st course was a creamy chestnut soup with sautéed mushrooms. It was velvety smooth. 2nd course was a terrific ahi tuna seared and wrapped on nori seaweed on a mustard cream. 3rd course was my favorite of the evening sautéed foie gras on a wine poached pear with a balsamic reduction. 4th was a very refreshing house made intermezzo of blood orange and lemon sorbet on a bed of vodka soaked orange slices. Then we had pan seared red snapper on a bed of black rice. This was the only misstep of the evening a little too much salt for me but my husband adored it.  6th course was grass fed rack of lamb cooked perfectly on a bed of sautéed veggies. This was followed by a cheese course which consisted of locally farmed French style cheeses, nuts, honey, chutney, fruit bread and walnuts. If that wasn't enough the final course was an outstanding chocolate ganache torte. This was a meal to remember. It can be a little pricey but they use very expensive local ingredients. And even preparing these dishes at home would be costly. But there are ways around that!. They have happy hour with very discounted wine, drink and food specials at the bar. The lunch here is quote affordable for French food. Everyone should come here once. The owner was very nice and checked on us a couple of times. Our server was very helpful as well. We had a terrific time.

Reviewed October 19, 2011

Dining solo on a Saturday night with no reservation, the management and staff were attentive and delightful. The staff was unaware it was my birthday dinner. I enjoyed excellent food and wine. The delicious butternut squash soup was flavorful. My exceptional entrée was branzino fish with fennel; the fresh fish melted in my mouth. My birthday dinner ended with a wonderful Napoleon dessert with a personal signature touch; I ate the whole dessert.
This is not my first Bezu visit and I will eat there again soon.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

I went here with a friend for her birthday last night. George, our server, was outstanding. I couldn't ask for better service. We each got a salad and a fish entree. I got the bacon frisee salad with egg and she got the beet and goat cheese salad. She got salmon and I got sea bass. I asked to switch something out on my entree and George responded immediately with another option. He even brought out a beautifully hand-decorated plate for her birthday in which he had written happy birthday in chocolate sauce (complimentary). My only complaint was the price. With no dessert or alcohol, two salads and two entrees and tip cost $100.

2  Thank rtoblin
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We had lunch, a friend and I on Restaurant week. Lunch was listed at $ 15.00 excluding drinks, taxes and tip.
The service is terrific. Piero was fantastic, we were served at 2:15 PM without complaints when lunch hour service ended at 2:30 PM. I had salmon on a bed of lentils which was just perfect. The ambience is very nice, clean and modern. I knew Bezu from previous visits for lunch and dinner and the food was always excellent. THe special low price made this visit more appealing because they still served the same good food and not a cheaper version for the "discount day"
PS I loved the espresso,