“Don't sit outside for the view !”

BackFin Blues Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
BackFin Blues Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Port Deposit
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2014

First I'll share with you the good news. Food and Service was very good. Prices were very fair and the atmosphere was warm inside and the outside - not so much.

Salmon, Crab Cakes and a Shrimp /Crab Imperial meals were excellent. Our server was very good possibly a bit too enthusiastic but very efficient. Our goal for the evening was to go someplace that was near the water, with outside seating since it was a lovely Saturday evening.
We drove about 40 minutes to get there and I haven't visited this charming, historic hillside town in many years.

When I made the reservations I opted for the outside and was disappointed by the view. It seems that since my last visit to that area they have built town houses that obstruct about 90% if the river view. Years ago I would visit by boat. It was a haul to walk from the docks to the town. All uphill, and other than some really big old homes and very few places to eat, hardly worth the walk.

Now I'd recommend that you visit the town, eat at BackFinn Blues and forget about seeing the
Susquehanna River from that vantage point.

2  Thank Herm B

Reviewed July 3, 2014

I'm always up for trying a seafood restaurant that I have never been to before. Living Social had a offer for Backfin Blues Bar and Grill in Port Deposit MD. I hadn't been to Port Deposit in a long time, but remembered it to be a really cute little town on the water. So I bought it. It was catch up time with a good friend that I hadn't seen a couple months. I suggested we use the Living Social voucher and take a road trip to Backfin Blues. YAY me!! Our server Nichole was super pleasant and friendly. We asked questions about the menu and she seemed more than happy to answer everything. We were already happy with the place just because of her. Then our appetizer came. Wow!! The little bites of crab meat tasted so amazing and the juice that was on the plate tasted fantastic soaked up in our bread. Outstanding! On to the main course...I'm a total homemade ranch dressing snob. Their dressing was yummy and didn't disappoint me. The crab cakes were 100% filled with beautiful and tender white lump crab meat. The lemon aioli that I got with it was super delish! I even asked for another little container of it to go home in my doggie bag. I'm pretty sure I would have growled at someone if they tried to take it from me. It was that good! Oh! And the fresh watermelon and blueberry mojito was fabulous and refreshing. I would, without a doubt, go back again. I would recommend you check it out!!

2  Thank Tammy W
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Been going to BFB for years, food has always been well prepared and presented. Bob and Jay's strength is the great job they do with the varied seafood selections they present. This is a place where friends go to reunite, have a great meal and a good time. One of the top white table cloth restaurants in the Harford/Cecil county area. At times, because it is a small and cozy restaurant, it can be somewhat noisy and you may have to wait for a drink, but sit back relax and make a new friend. Try the appetizers - top notch!

2  Thank tlb1013
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Our family of 4 went for our first trip to Backfin Blues for Father's Day brunch. Greeted by a friendly hostess, top notch waitress and delicious food. Crab omelet, crab chesapeake and the colossal crab appetizer was great!!! We joined their email club where they send you weekly specials and we will be back there soon. You will be happy with anything you get here. :)

2  Thank Donna M
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Two couples had a 7pm reservation on a Wednesday evening, but waited 15 minutes to be seated, then another 15 minutes until water was brought to the table. Eventually our drink orders were taken, then a bit later our dinner orders. It might have felt relaxing except for the noise and constant hustle of servers going by us, and the sous chef dashing out the front door to retrieve more food items from storage downstairs. In summary, service was remarkably slow but pleasant and friendly.
On the other hand the veal Oscar, scallops Florentine, and crab cakes were excellent. The chef/owner, Bob Steele, stopped by our table when things slowed down and we told him of the slow service which he explained was due to a large party that delayed ordering. We think they need to add 1 more server and do better control of reservations.
Prices are a bit high for the area; $85 for 2 dinners and a bottle of wine ($28). We will try this place again and hope they have better service.

1  Thank JoePompano