“Pretty good for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Pocomoke City
Akron, Pennsylvania, United States
“Pretty good for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

The people that are on here are nuts. I paid $69 and I feel I got a $69 room. The reason the place has a smell is because it really isn't that busy. Hang the door open a little bit and it was fine. I stayed in room 105. The bathroom was just redone and after traveling for the last week I honestly feel I had the best bed of the trip there. Make note I paid a lot more to stay elsewhere and had a crappy bed.

Basically if you are a cheapass it is great. If you are prissy it might not be for you.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Matthew A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

The place was all but empty when we got there and it was creepy. The room stank. The bathroom floor and adjoining carpet was wet. The bed was miserably uncomfortable. The towels and bath mat was dirty when we got there. The carpet was so dirty I had to go out & buy slippers to wear in the room. The furniture was beat and everyone had to slam their room door to close it.They clearly did all they could to cut corners on the complementary breakfast. The coffee was so weak you could see to the bottom of the cup. The waffle batter was thinned so much you couldn't get the waffle out of the waffle maker and for a fairly large motel, the breakfast area may have a seating capacity of 10. I had to ask for a receipt of charges twice. They tried to just wave me away with a thank you. There were charges for a room safe (only $1 per day but still my dollar) that was locked & no combination was available. It was also not a charge I was made aware of prior to checking out. If I could give less than one star, I would. You'd be better off finding a rest stop and sleeping in your car.

Room Tip: There's a fitness center? Who knew?
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Pocomoke City hotels

Douglassville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

The room stank. The tub had a hole in it. The bathroom door did not close. The top blanket had a big disgusting hard red stain on it. Threy it off the bed. Double checked bed to see if safe to sleep in. Needless to say, I did not sleep. The room # was 138. Dont go there.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

Omg the worse I have been in
Stinks like dog and cigarettes and was no smoking . Bugs crawling around. Toilet was leaking I called front desk they sent a women about 90 with a toilet plunger it wasn't clogged up it was leaking . Dahhhh . I will never stay their again .That's what I get for saving $10.00 don't recommend .

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank mustang141
new york
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

And I question if the sheets were clean as there was hair on the pillows! Facing a five-hour drive at 8pm on unfamiliar roads, I questioned if we should stay. Left our luggage in the car, slept in our clothes. Showered with barely running water and left ASAP. When I pulled back sheets the next morning, I did spot a bug, which I have only seen once before at another questionable hotel. I wouldn't mind if the property was just old, but the electric outlets were loose. I also wonder how safe that area is.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank mrmisrule
Near Philly
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

Not a bad place for the price. Staff was excellent. Breakfast okay, need a little improvement w/ variety. Rooms clean, beds comfy. Definitely can see the owner is upgrading the property and rooms, bit by bit. Has the old time 70's charm to the property that we enjoy. Does need further upgrades that seem to be forthcoming. Left an article in room, when we discovered our missing item, a quick phone call, our item was located and put in a safe place until we returned 2 days later. Was impressed with this as recently we stayed in another hotel and forgot something, upon returning within 2 hours, staff "couldn't locate" our item (a kingsized special pillow), but this hotel went above and beyond, as item left at this Econolodge had a $500.00+ value, and was quite small in size! Will stay again!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Frederick md
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

Staff was nice. Location was right on the highway.. but not real noisey as the traffic was light at night. We had something stolen out of our boat which was parked in the lot outside our room.
TV was on the fritz. Took an hour or more to warm up so that you could watch it.
I'd stay again if I had to go to the area but I'd stay in the back and lock up anything I left outside.

Room Tip: King rooms are in the back where it's quiet. If you want convienience... there is a queen ro...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Waterside Inn
Waterside Inn
#5 of 19 in Chincoteague Island
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Chincoteague Island
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites...
#18 of 19 in Chincoteague Island
Days Inn Chincoteague Island
Days Inn Chincoteague Island
#19 of 19 in Chincoteague Island

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!