“"America's Best Value Inn" now - very good hotel”

Americas Best Value Inn Pocomoke City
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Pocomoke City
Alexandria, Virginia
“"America's Best Value Inn" now - very good hotel”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

People had downed this hotel in many reviews I'd seen prior to going. I decided to stay there, anyway, based on price for that location (we were going to Assateague). It used to be a Days Inn, so if you like those hotels, it's still the same building, for crying out loud - just ran by different people. The only complaints I had were that they forgot the caffinated coffee packet for the coffeemaker in the room, and the TV remote needed batteries. So I marked them down a peg for a little lack of attention to detail. I probably could have solved both issues by talking to the front desk, but I can move my happy @$$ over to the TV and they serve coffee in the lobby, even if you don't get down during breakfast hours (which, sadly, was something like 6-9, and they lock that room afterwards - also a slight markdown for the inconvenient time). But they tell you that up front, so it's your own fault if you don't get there in time. Friendly's and McDonald's nearby serve breakfast til 11 if you get up a little late, and 11 I believe was check-out time, anyway, so there you go. The sink had nice metal handles with granite countertops, the room had a microwave and fridge, firm beds. It's the basics, no frills, but great for the price in that area. There were no punched out screens from the windows, it had working A/C despite others' claims otherwise, no rust all over the fixtures or stains on sheets or paper-thin walls, as has also been claimed. I think other hotel owners are trying to give this place a bad rap and make their places look better so they can charge more. This was a good hotel for the money in this area, and I would easily stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank navyjax2

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
NY
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 1 night. I think it just changed name to "americas best value inn" because it still room key from days inn. Hotel is very old, smelly, not clean. It is well overpriced. They have a pool but it looks very dirty not maintained well. Breakfast is a joke. There are a lot of nicer hotels around. Do not stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SLAVA-NY

Travelers are raving about these Pocomoke City hotels

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This place was awful...Oh where to begin.

First of all, while the check-in process was relatively painless (despite the heat and smell in the lobby) while we were walking to our room, we noticed that every screen was broken or punched in. Not a good sign...Luckily, they gave us the one room where the screen wasn't already broken (not sure if that was a good sign or bad sign).

Second, when we walked into the room it felt like we walked onto the surface of the sun. While the AC sounded like it was on, it didn't work. It felt like cool air was coming out of the vent, but after it ran for almost 3 hours, the room hadn't cooled down one bit.

Third, I've been in college dorm rooms and frat houses and I was camping last weekend in Maine and I can honestly say the bathrooms in all of those places where nicer than this place. Just disgusting. Hair everywhere, rust and water stains in the tub and on the faucet...Oh, and it was even hotter in the bathroom than it was in the room where the bed and TV were. And as for the TV, I pretty much needed a pair of rubber gloves, a chisel and vice to get the remote off of the sticky bedside table. Once I had the remote in my hand, after running to the faucet to wash my hands, I noticed that all the numbers on the remote had been picked off. Gross!

Fourth, When we finally got around to attempting to go to sleep, we realized the sheets were sticky and gross and did not feel clean at all. We had to lay down our T-Shirts from our bags just so we felt clean.

Finally, I suppose I should say we never really spent the night, by 1:30 AM it was just too hot and not worth a call to the front desk, so we left and went to another hotel. If you absolutely need a place to sleep, I advise you to either (A) sleep in your car or (B) bring some extra coffee to keep you awake and keep driving.

Oh, and one more thing, don't be fooled by the Days Inn tag online...this is an America's Best Value Inn. If I were the owner of the Days Inn franchise I'd be embarrassed. The motels on route 1 in Saugus, MA that have hourly rates look nicer than this place.

I hope this review is helpful to you all!

Room Tip: Don't stay here! Trust ME!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bill B
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Overall I would say that this hotel is a decent place to stay if you are really looking to save some money in the Ocean City area. The room that my sister and I stayed in was clean and comfortable but there was a bug on the floor and a spider in the sink. The beds were comfortable, at least, and everything else was exactly what I expected. Breakfast was really lame--some bread, muffins, and cereal. I would recommend that you get to breakfast early if you stay in this hotel because they just put a gallon of milk on ice and if you get there late, the milk is a little warm and the apple juice looks like water. The man at the front desk wasn't super friendly, but we didn't deal with him much. Would we stay at this hotel again? Possibly, but I'd opt to go somewhere else if I had more cash. Just sayin'.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
FRANKLIN
Reviewed June 7, 2012

First of all, the rooms does not look like in the pictures, the front lobby is the best looking room in the hotel. The rooms are very old and it reeks of mildew, the bathroom toilet is so stained with yellow like no one has cleaned it in ages, when you take a shower, it smells like rusty water. So if you want to stay somewhere thats comfortable, this is not the place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Waterside Inn
Waterside Inn
#5 of 19 in Chincoteague Island
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Chincoteague Island
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites...
#18 of 19 in Chincoteague Island
Hampton Inn Salisbury
Hampton Inn Salisbury
#1 of 14 in Salisbury

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Pocomoke City? Share your experiences!