“A Gem of a night at the Gem”
Review of The River Gem BnB

The River Gem BnB
The River Gem BnB
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have stayed at Littleton's under the previous ownership (also a delight) and did not think there was any way it could be improved, but to my very pleasant surprise it was even better. The food, rooms, and company were all perfect. I could recommend a stay here as a culinary experience alone!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed at The River Gem in the Ruby room and had a wonderful time. The room was very clean, comfortable, and cozy and I slept like a baby.

When I arrived, I was greeted warmly and taken into the beautiful cafe for coffee, tea, homemade raspberry scones, candied almonds, and chocolate dipped apricots. So yummy! Breakfast was varied each day and I always walked away from the table with a full belly. Delicious fruit salad, scrambled eggs, fresh orange juice, sausage...Every day something new and tasty.

The owners are very nice and a pleasure to chat with. Very knowledgeable about the area and had a lot ideas for things to do.

Stay here for half the price of Chincoteague and take a day trip. Save money and stay in this cozy B&B!

Room Tip: The Ruby Room was cozy and had its own bathroom.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We went here as a first time trip to Maryland. Didn't make it out to Assateague and Chincoteague Island, so that'll have to be our next excuse out here!

The new ownership are absolutely people friendly, make the best breakfast in Maryland (including ingredients from the small garden out back), and are host to such wonderful ideas we got to help be test subjects for the future of the inn.

Ideas included but were not limited to: future yoga classes, music with the baby grand piano in the living room, and much more!

The rooms are spacious and the decor is lovely. The inn itself is only 5 minutes walk to the downtown river and town center.

They also help you explore around the quaint town of Pocomoke City, with nature museum and a deck allowing you to walk along the river during sunset. They even had a skatepark for the kids? Who would have known. We ate along the river for dinner most nights. Definitely a return visit in the future!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2009

My wife and I bicycled to the B&B on Easter weekend. The inn keeper met us at the door, and led us to the garage to store our bikes.

The inn is beautiful, well appointed and clean. Our room was spacious, and the inn keeper brought us refreshments and described the local area.

Having biked in, the inn keeper offered to provide transportation to and from any local restaurant - without charge. He also offered to drive us and our bikes 10 miles out to avoid the 20 mph headwinds we were expecting the next day. We didn't take him up on it.

The breakfast was great, a menu is provided the night before and you pick your food and time to eat.

Having stayed at many B&Bs, this place "gets it", providing a great stay experience without being over bearing, and I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gennaker
Reviewed May 31, 2007

We stayed in the Hazel Dorothea room and it was a very large room which was nice. My husband enjoyed the nice big chair to relax on and read. They had drinks, ice, and a fresh rose in a vase ready for us in our room when we arrived. Unlike most B&B's that I've stayed out they gave you a choice for breakfast. There were 3 entrees to choose from, you could choose sides and your juice. I enjoyed having a choice. We would stay here again and next time my husband said he will bring his fishing pole. We heard there is good fishing nearby.

The hosts were very helpful and they gave us information and a map on seeing the ponies at Chincoteague which was only about 25 minutes away (and we did see ponies). They also gave us good directions to the inn (we hit no traffic), allowed a 1 night stay on a weekend, and a late check-in (arranged ahead of time). I appreciated the flexibility.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank hyperhippiechic

Been to The River Gem BnB? Share your experiences!