“Pleasantly Surprised”

Holiday Inn Express Pocomoke City
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Pocomoke City
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this Holiday Inn Express.

PROS:

- Upon check-in, I received 500 extra club points for being a platinum member.
- I requested to be placed on the top floor in the booking comments, and this request was honored.
- The pancake station at breakfast was OUTSTANDING. I've seen really cool waffle makers, but an automatic pancake making station? This was really cool, and they were made really well.
- I love that they had a refrigerator filled with breakfast drinks, including a pitcher of milk. I love milk, and they did not disappoint here.
- The room was super-comfy, and the Internet worked flawlessly. I really appreciated the in-room refrigerator as well.
- There is a Wal-Mart super close by if you need to pick up some groceries.

CONS:

- I asked for late checkout, which was granted, but my key was deactivated during that time period. When I went to come back into the hotel from my car (I was putting my luggage in it), I couldn't get back into the door and had to walk around the entire hotel to get back in. This was annoying.

OVERALL IMPRESSION:

A solid, good hotel. I would return.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank rikerwt

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Pocomoke City. It was clean and pretty quiet, the two things that are most important to me. The room was a little worn around the edges, but decent. The free breakfast and free internet were both great amenities. I enjoyed the pancake-maker, which was new to me; you usually see waffle makers at hotels! The check-in staff was friendly and fast. The best thing about my stay was that it was during Pony Penning on Chincoteague Island, about 30 minutes away. Every place to stay on the Island required a 5 night stay, while this property let us have a 1 night stay, which was what we needed for our trip. I appreciated their willingness to meet the needs of travelers other than those who want to book a 5 night stay.

Room Tip: We had a room on the ground floor, near the pool and road, and it was fine.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is a typical Holiday Inn Express, fairly new and very clean. Although it's on a busy road the hotel is quiet. The best dining option is the River Cafe, only a 2-3 minute drive from the hotel. Front desk staff was friendly and welcoming,

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelingFoodie319
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Recently spent 2 nights and was pleasantly surprised. The staff was pleasant and the place was very clean and quiet. A restful setting after long days at a conference. I would recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Upon arrival, I courteously asked the front desk if my pre-paid room could be moved to the top (third floor). This was 4 p.m. at which time maybe 1/4 of the hotel was occupied. After anguishing for five minutes over the computer screen, the associate apologized, saying the rooms were pre-assigned and unless I wanted to be in a smoking room, I would have to stay on the second floor.

My fears were realized that evening. The people above seemed to be preparing for a dance contest and were stomping on the floor after midnight. The air conditioner sort of worked but made this intermittent sound that was like Chinese water torture. Of course, the TV in the neighboring room could be heard loud and clear. All in all, this was a dismal experience, I got maybe four hours sleep.

Room Tip: Don't let the added cost compared to other hotels in the vicinity fool you. The saying, get wha...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank fja57
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pocomoke City, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear fja57,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the outside noise. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Our stay at this property was a very pleasant surprise. The room and bed were very comfortable and clean. The bathroom was also clean and large with a walk-in shower. Check-in was quick and Sean was very courteous and helpful. Breakfast was more than we expected, with tasty eggs and sausage fresh pastries, and much more to choose from. The staff in the breakfast room were very attentive and ensured there was plenty of food right through the end of the breakfast hours. We definatly recommend this hotel to others traveling in the area.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Considering there are not many options in Pocomoke City the Holiday Inn was a pleasant surprise, considering they pretty much are a monopoly for the area, yet still try to please guests the best they can. We were disappointed it was not a completely non-smoking facility and even more worried when we arrived and our non-smoking room was on a floor half smoking, the other half non. But the room was pleasant and nicely appointed with a comfy arm chair, larger mini fridge and microwave. The bed was perfectly comfortable and some noise from the sports team staying but promptly quieted down at their curfew time. Breakfast is nicely laid out and easy to get to all items without crowds in a corner..

Room Tip: Definately use your AAA card for best rate
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pocomoke City, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear DeltagMaryland,

Thank you for leaving us a feedback. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable accommodations. I am pleased you like the amenities of the room. However, it seems that we were not able to execute an exemplary hotel stay experience with regard to room allocation and apologize for any discomfort caused by the unusual smell you encountered. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Zelyn N

Waterside Inn
Waterside Inn
#5 of 21 in Chincoteague Island
Hampton Inn and Suites Chincoteague-Waterfront
Hampton Inn and Suites Chincotea...
#2 of 21 in Chincoteague Island

Been to Holiday Inn Express Pocomoke City? Share your experiences!