“Nice museum”

Delmarva Discovery Center
More attraction details
Owner description: The Delmarva Discovery Center on the Pocomoke River serves as a source of learning and discovery for the public through the preservation and interpretation of its cultural and natural heritage.
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

First time visitor. The exhibits were well designed and a good representation of the eastern shore. I enjoyed the aquarium the most. I learned of a couple of types of snakes and mammals I did not know existed. The gift shop has some unique pieces.

2  Thank Terpatt
There are newer reviews for Delmarva Discovery Center

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Although modest in size, the Discovery Center provides a good introduction to the human and natural history of this land of marshes, streams, and bays. The native Lenapes, the early European settlers, the watermen, the oystermen, the fishermen, and their various watercrafts are featured--ranging from a dugout canoe, to skipjacks, to small steamships that plied the Chesapeake. A good place to have a couple of interesting hours.

2  Thank ErnieK937
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stumbled across the Delmarva Discovery Center when we were touring the downtown area of Pocomoke. My family used to visit our grandparents in Pocomoke each year but we hadn't been down in years. We decided to visit the musuem to allow my duaghter the opportunity to connect with the area as well. We were wonderfully surprised by the excellent exhibits and the wealth of information that they contained. I will definately come back again to visit some of the external exhibits that weren't open on Monday. This was a very special treat that you should not miss when in the area.

1  Thank RubyPeach
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We had a nice time meeting Bernard the racer snake and completing a snake craft. We liked the steamboat display and learning about the oyster industry. My daughter loved the big gopher dam and climbing inside. The sailboat with wind at the end was neat too.

1  Thank Lisa L
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We are familiar with the Delmarva Peninsula, but this family-oriented museum taught these old dogs some new tricks. It is fairly new and beautifully done. Lots of interactive exhibits for children (and adults). We were greeted by a very enthusiastic front desk person, and I never felt better forking over my money for a museum visit.

The museum is fairly small, but it has a lot of information about the diverse ecology and history of the area. The children who were visiting were obviously having a great time. As we were leaving, several families came in just to attend the story time. It's obvious they come here often.

Highly recommended if you are in the area.

1  Thank AnnaSoo