“Surprising value”

Don's Seafood and Chicken House
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I was impressed by the friendliness of the staff, the delicious, home-made crab cake recipe, and the selection of beers (although I did not try any). I wished that they had cider, but it was not that important to me.

There are newer reviews for Don's Seafood and Chicken House

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I really like seafood, and am almost always disappointed when I order it in restaurants. We were driving back north from our spring vacation, up the Delmarva Peninsula on US 13. This is not the most picturesque, or fragrant, trip in America. Your basic slightly run-down towns, peppered with huge chicken factory barns most of the way, and occasionally you can smell it outside the car. But the Chesapeake Bay is on one side and the Atlantic on the other, and from past experience I knew there were good seafood places around, though usually in small coastal villages off our route. I googgled "seafood restaurants" on my phone as we approached the MD line around lunchtime, and came up with Don's. and another one, which turned out to be closed . Don's exceeded our expectations. Spouse and I split their combo seafood plate (fried) (about $25) , and I found everything to great. Dianne did not like the crab cake, which was great cause I got it all. I found the fish to be tasty and fried just to perfection, not to greasy. (I think you can get most of it broiled). Our kids got the wings, which they liked. They serve Smith Island 9 layer cake, a Maryland specialty, we learned, and it was great. Our waitress was friendly and efficient. The place is fairly large, has a bar, a jukebox playing country, and decor is pretty much what you'd expect for a family restaurant/roadhouse. You just know that the locals eat here. Prices were on the high side for that kind of a place, but we thought them worth it for what we got. I give it a "5" as a family oriented fish restaurant on US 13 , not compared to haute cuisine establishment in NYC, which I'm sure I'd not like anyway.
I'd love to eat at Don's on a Friday night in warmer weather., with the jukebox going strong.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

The food is very good the crab balls are great . Service is great. Angel Is a great server & bartender . She sure does know her job.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

After sitting in traffic for hours on end, we were in no mood to look around for a place to eat. This joint was a mile and a half from where we were staying, so we pulled in here. The service was truly excellent. However, the portions were meager and pricey. I had the seafood and cheese dish. The cheese tasted like bootleg Velveeta. And there was very little in the dish. The wings and onion rings appetizer was puny, having six skinny, dry, wings, and a few well-done onion rings. Nine bucks ! My niece had a chicken sandwich, which she liked. The bill came to $38, without drinks!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

your basic seafood restaurant, a little older style. the salad bar was disappointing. Food was good, decent pricing. goes with the town of chincoteague, everything was a little older in the town