“Fair”

Don's Seafood and Chicken House
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Nice restaurant right on rt. 13, My husband and I visted ,we both had the fried chicken. It was very tasty. Our server was rude, I really cant remember her name, I never can remember the average ones names . Anywho the retaurant is pretty neat and spacious. Seems like a cool place to party on the weekend!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I visited Don's which should be renamed DON'T s Because you Don't want to go there. I wound up paying 16.99 for two crab cakes and two small sides. The only other place on the road is worse than this. An All you could eat seafood buffet would clean up on this road. It is less than 20 miles from Crisfield and there should be an over abundance of Fresh Seafood in the area. But they are charging for it like it was made out of gold. The Decor of the place looked like it was from "Restaurants R US" and the wait staff ignored us.

RUN from this Place and don't go back!!!

1  Thank JeffSoward
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Waited several minutes in the front desk area for someone to show up and take my order. Ordered carry out.

Salmon -- Was supposed to be grilled. No flavor at all. No garnish. No taste to it. Very bland.

Baked Potato -- Dry and overcooked.

Green Beans -- Nasty. Not fresh beans at all, but slopped right out of the can.

Just not very good food. We will look elsewhere to eat.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

En route from VA Beach to NJ, we happily stopped for lunch here on a sunny Monday afternoon in May. My sister had her small dogs with her, so we were looking to sit somewhere outside. We didn't notice at first, but right after we drove past Don's, we saw there was a back deck that butted right up to a lake! It was perfect, so we quickly turned around and checked it out.

The server was quick to accommodate us outside, and was happy to have the pets dine with us (as they are very well-behaved). We really enjoyed the scenery, and when you sit out back, you quickly forget the restaurant is located right on the busy highway. We ordered a few drinks and some excellent Maryland crab soup. I highly recommend the soup. It was loaded with veggies and crab, and spicy with the Old Bay seasoning. We also ordered the steamers, and they were cooked perfectly, but not seasoned as well as the soup. The crab cakes were broiled (you can also get fried), and very good. But the surprise on the plate was the side of turnip greens, which was outstanding! Two sides come with the entrees, and I was thrilled to have picked the greens. Extremely flavorful, and worth another stop the next time we're coming down route 113!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

One does not go to Chincoteague for gourmet meals. Dons does as good a job as can be done under the circumstances.