“Some people can be wrong”

Travelers Budget Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Pocomoke City
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I stayed in Room #120 and believe it or not it wasn't the worst I was in. It was like being back in the 50's in that room. But it had a decent bed and a huge room. Only found 1 dead bug by sink which means they are at least spraying for bugs. Paid $55 in total. In a pinch I would think I would stay again. Quiet place except for a noisy truck once in a while. Yu can pay a lot more at Econolodge across the street but then I wouldn't have a story to tell. Enjoy.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Travelers Budget Inn

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I booked this hotel since all hotels in Ocean City were so expensive. Now I regret it. There were ants in the bathroom, flies in the room, the sink leaked in the bathroom. The water in toilet was not clear. I could not adjust the shower temperature the 2nd day. Also, there were no towel holder handles in the bathroom and no soap dish. The positive side- it had a microwave and fridge and a king size bed.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is a god awful place, I purchased it through pricline.com and they could not even provide me with a key to the room because the machine was broken. I left and disputed the payment through priceline and the hotel claimed they offered me a working room which is not true.
SInce this experience I avoid priceline and really don't gamble on blind purchases anymore. These types of hotels would never make it without priceline helping them to fool the public into thinking there are getting a good deal.

Room Tip: Just pay a little more and avoid this place.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 1234TomsRiver_NJ
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This motel should have been demolished years ago! Aside from being very old, it has never been updated, and it is FILTHY! The floors are dirty, bathroom dirty (shower curtain had blood on it), and it was misrepresented. Our reservations were for two rooms with two QUEEN size beds each, the best they could do was two DOUBLE beds each. They have NO queen size beds in the entire motel. By the way, this was booked through Hotels.com, they provided the information about the motel INACCURATELY! Beware of information provided by HOTELS.COM, I wonder if they actually visit the properties they represent.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank fwm
Reviewed July 4, 2012

dirty towels, dirty walls doors,soap dish not attached to wall, brown looking water in towel, bath tub not clean at the bottom. The parking lot is ragged and I was ashamed to have anyone see me pull into the dump!!!!

Room Tip: not this place I was ashamed to pull in the ragged parking lot. The hotel from hell.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank eashe001
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Stayed here as a last resort because all hotels in Ocean City were booked. The Staff was rude (a husband and wife working there), the room was filthy and gross and crawling with roaches and just really scary! After walking into the room, we chose to sleep in our car instead (it was that bad) ! I tried to get a refund which the manager refused and yelled at me. I ended up leaving and calling corporate office which is QUALITY INN! The manager lied to corporate and I am now in the process of having my bank investigate along with the health department! They also had the nerve to charge my credit card twice!!!

Room Tip: Do NOT stay here!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank csharps1
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Take this three star rating more as a 2.5. This is a big old roadside motel, probably from the '60s. The lot is huge, and all rough asphalt. No pool anymore, if it ever had one, not even any grass except a tiny strip by the road. The building is sort of worn and grim. Not quite dirty enough to be gross, not clean enough to be 'clean'. I think we paid about $50-60.

The rooms are decent sized, and some effort has been made to improve them. The bed actually had recent Holiday Inn linens and pillows. The shower stall was also made from the same granite that newer HIs use, but it was rather poorly put together. A new toilet had been mounted on the wall, with a large hole to the side where they ran the pipes. The hole was a convenient escape route for the mouse that ran from behind the dresser while we were watching TV.

The TV was a pretty good size, and there was cable. It was fairly quiet at night, just a little road noise. You are well south of town, and there's not much nearby. I like to try out the vintage motels, but I'd just as soon stay at the Econolodge if we ever come back.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
#11 of 21 in Chincoteague Island
Best Western Chincoteague Island
Best Western Chincoteague Island
#3 of 21 in Chincoteague Island

Been to Travelers Budget Inn? Share your experiences!