“Baltimore Stay”

Howard Johnson Pikesville
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Pikesville
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We chose this Hotel because of it's distance from our son's house. We had stayed several times there before, but we didn't feel comfortable. Since they remodeled and changed ownership we were surprised at the changes. This time our stay was pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed April 27, 2014

I am a regular customer at Howard Johnson's Pikesville, MD. Always a warm and courteous welcome there. However, on a recent stay my welcome was Cold & very rude. The front desk person, Thomas was exceptionally nasty. As always, I made my reservations through Wyndam Rewards (Gold member). He said he didn't see my reservation and gave me an extremely difficult time thereafter. Before he could determine if a reservation had been made he became irate and demanded 'payment' over and over. To my dismay, I informed him as a Wyndam Gold member my stay was Free. He seemed more irate and still demanded payment. I suggested he call Wyndam for an explanation. He ignored me and tossed my ID at me! Then proceeded to assign a room that I had not requested to me. I requested King room, Smoking and whirlpool. He gave me a double bed, non-smoking room with a door that did not lock. I promptly returned to him to request what I had reserved. He said nothing else was available. I said 'only two cars are in the parking lot!'. Then, I become agitated and requested He give me what I had reserved! After he finally gives me the room and amenities I requested, everything was great! The room and stay was fine! Upon check-out, I spoke to the Manager, Loma. She, as always, was Excellent! She apologized for Thomas rude behavior and compensated me quite nicely!! Loma is always accommodating and warm; assures her guests are happy!! Loma is an asset to the Howard Johnson chain! I am very Happy now that Loma is there! I will, of course, continue to stay at The Howard Johnson's Pikesville because I know my business is appreciated! Thank you, Loma! You are Great!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I am happy with the stay. But I am on a business trip and did a long term stay (for almost 2 months!) so they tried to take care of me as much as I can. They are very courteous to me, accommodates most of my requests if anything need to be done, etc.
I can't give it a 5 stars due to the following reason. This is a budget hotel, if this hotel is in a different area or different town it would probably get 3 stars instead. But this is as good as you can get in Pikesville, MD. If you see OTHER hotels around that area and you'll immediately know what I meant. so here is the break down
Price: 5 stars
Cleanness: 4 stars
quality of room 3 stars (burned cigarette holes in sheet and may need some remodel)
Room Service : 5 stars
Sleep quality: 5
Front counter: 4 stars, (I always receive 5 stars service myself but I stay there for a long term. However I've seen other guests that may not be treated as good as it should.)
In conclusion, if you are looking for budget place to stay in the Pikesville (or within 5 miles range). This is probably going to be your best choice.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 31, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pikesville
Ramada Pikesville/Baltimore North
DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville
Hyatt Place Baltimore/Owings Mills
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North - Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North -...
#2 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium
Extended Stay America - Baltimor...
#1 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
5 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn Owings Mills

Been to Howard Johnson Pikesville? Share your experiences!