“Mystery bugs anyone?”

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Howard Johnson Pikesville

Reviewed March 1, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Due to my job I often stay in motels and I usually find one of the cheapest ones but location is a major factor as well, which is how I ended up here for 10 days. The decor, furniture, even the carpeting in the lobby, was probably the original from the early 80s or whenever it was new. Dust and dirt. The hallway reeks of marajuana but even that couldn't mask the weird horrible chemical smell that seemed to be coming from the bathroom especially,idk orbit was the water or perhaps a cleaning agent or the detergent they used on the linens. Likely the combination of all these things is what made it so unbearable.
This bring us to housekeeping. Now, you'd think that,on a weekend, they wouldn't be pounding on your door at 830-9 am to come in and vaccume. I ignored them and thank God I had the door chained or they would have just paraded right in, however,even so, they opened the door and screamed housekeeping housekeeping through the crack. FINALLY they gave up. The next day, Sunday I put the DONOTDISTURB sign on my knob. I had a lady friend with me and we'd been out late drinking. Did that deter them? NO. Pissed off, I opened the door, figured I needed new bleach-reeking towels anyway and was furious with the way she looked and spoke to me, like I was dirty or something for wanting to sleep in on my weekend. I've Never before had a problem with housekeeping wanting to come in between the hours of 8:00 and 9:00am on the weekend and treating me like I was dirty for leaping out of bed so they could vaccume. They had the nerve to system in front of the woman I had just met something like, "u no want room clean? You want be dirty No good! No good!" And THEN holding out her hand demanding a tip saying "money u give me money! I know you make! Money money money to me u give! " I looked at her like she was crazy and slammed the door. I typically only leave a tip for housekeeping when I check out and i found this to be extremely rude. The next day I made sure the do not disturb sign was no longer up before i went to work. When I got home, my bed was still unmade, no clean towels...no clean anything. When I tried to say something to the manager she was equally rude and just shrugged and looked at me disparagingly. From what I gather, she and most of the staff are related.they are Indian, which I have no problem with, however the majority of them don't speak english which is a problem....what else ...
the coffee maker in My room was broken and housekeeping refused to give me another. Also the vending machine ate my money right front of the night manager and he refused to reimburse me. When I kept asking for my $ back He came over and shook the machine in a lame way and said it will not come out. He acknowledged it ripped me off but refused to refund me or put up an out of order sign.
I could go on and on, the biggest problem with this place is the staff and how rude and ignorant they are. There was a nice Jewish Guy on second shift and a younger Indian kid that were both nice people. The rest can go to hell...DONT STAY HERE!!!! YOULL REGRET IT!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014
loma r, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Pikesville, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

I am very disappointed to hear of the issues which you encountered while staying with us. I would like to apologize to you for your less than Howard Johnson experience. We fell short of your expectations and are sorry for that. We greatly appreciate your taking the time to bring these issues to our attention. You have helped us in a great way now we can take action to prevent this from happening again to you or any of our future guests. Please accept our sincerest apologizes for this negative experience.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Loma is an amazing manager. The hospitality was great and I really felt like I was at home! I really enjoyed the free wifi, I stayed in room 108 and it was so clean it was hard to tell people previously stayed there, the food was great and the location was very convenient as well. Thank you Howard Johnson for another great experience!

• Stayed: January 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pikesville
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North -...
#2 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
Mt. Washington
Mt. Washington Conference Center
Hampton Inn Owings Mills
#1 of 5 in Owings Mills

Been to Howard Johnson Pikesville? Share your experiences!