“Very Good Service - I like it ( special thanks to their Manager "Loma" )”

Howard Johnson Pikesville
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Pikesville
Kansas City, Missouri
“Very Good Service - I like it ( special thanks to their Manager "Loma" )”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a week, and I have experienced very good service at this hotel.
The staffs at this hotel including the Manager "Loma", are very friendly and helpful.
It is very clean and WIFI speed is really good, which I never experienced such speed at any other hotels.
I would say their price is also very reasonable and you gonna get good service, so I highly recommend it to others

Room Tip: Rooms are quieter, clean, less exepnsive, hotel's location is close to all Restaurants, Libarary...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My wife and I have been residing at this hotel since December, initially things started out a little bumpy, but after getting settled in with the assistance of the staff, things got a little better. We are very impressed with the professionalism of the Manager (Loma), she has been very attentive to our hotel needs including asking daily if we needed anything in addition to receiving our mail and making sure we felt appreciated as guests. Of course no hotel is perfect but this hotel seems to fit our needs at this time. My only draw back is there is no restaurant on site meaning I have to go out for meals. With the age of this hotel, it seems to be maintained to the best of their ability,

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
loma r, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Pikesville, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staffs made you feel at home. We truly care about our guest and want you to be comfortable while staying with us .Thank you for your kind words. Our staff strives from hearing the compliments of our guest. Thank you for staying with us. We would love to have you back as our guest.
Union City, New Jersey
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We love this hotel. The room has been very clean and the customer service is outstanding!The desk manager LOma is awesome. She always greet with a smile.She always wants to make sure that we are happy with their service and by far she has being doing an excellent job,she and her crew. I especially have a great deal of respect for the manager Loma because she always makes my stay so nice and comfortable. She makes my stay is pleasant and She is a great manager. LOma should get employee of the year award for such excellent service. I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone because of Loma. I feel appreciated and feel like my money is well spent. It is truly like a home away from home.

Room Tip: Room No. 105, Facing poolside
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
loma r, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Pikesville, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Thank you so mcuh for sharing your expierence and for your kind words. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have you back as our guest in the future .
Portsmouth
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Overall assessment after 2 weeks stay
On first sight this hotel is a poor representation to what it offers for a very cheap price compared to most other hotels in Baltimore. You only get what you pay for therefore it is a good hotel if you want to only pay the lower end of the spectrum and less than half of most other hotels in the city. For the price it offers good accommodation. If you stay in the city then be prepared to pay $25 a day for parking which makes this hotel an even better prospect where parking is plentiful and free.
The GOOD Points
The staff were friendly, efficient and responsive to requests. The room was clean, see negative points below, and its location north of the city gave excellent access to the 695 and 83 highways as well as only a 20 minute drive from the airport. There is plenty of parking front and back of the hotel and it has a small swimming pool, which being winter, it was covered over. The room was thoroughly cleaned daily and all bath towels were also changed daily. Mcdonalds is across the road as well as a bakery where we purchased pastries daily for breakfast.
The BAD Points
The decoration of the hotel is "tired" and in need of modernising. The bedding is clean however, it has seen better days and the additional blankets, the room has good air flow heating, had burn holes, as did some of the sheets. Electrical fittings were generally okay but some were in need of repair.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PaulHildreth
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pikesville
Ramada Pikesville/Baltimore North
DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville
Hampton Inn Owings Mills
Hampton Inn Owings Mills
#1 of 5 in Owings Mills
Hyatt Place Baltimore/Owings Mills
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North - Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North -...
#2 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
Hilton Garden Inn Owings Mills

Been to Howard Johnson Pikesville? Share your experiences!