“Worst Hotel Stay ever”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Pikesville
Reviewed June 23, 2013

There are newer reviews for Howard Johnson Pikesville

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Linens you can see through, carpet left to climb up wall behind bed, no finishing, no microwave or refrigerator in room and when complained was told only some rooms have them. Noisy, and outdated. No outlet covers or smashed and dangling outlet cover over plug sockets in sleeping area. Walls marked up with pencil or crayon and coffee pot filthy. Bedspreads in dire need of cleaning. Adult sitting in lobby in morning hours told by manager that is not allowed please return to room. Plexiglas totally surrounding check in agent who had strong Indian accent and had to be asked repeatedly to clarify---surround is a definite impediment to customer relations. Complimentary breakfast was wet and thawing out, and upon entry into "restaurant breakfast area" male employee followed (we were adults)and sat with back against wall, hands folded in lap watching us. Got up, left, and immediately checked out. There is always a positive---towels were clean! There is a Hilton a block up, avoid this establishment if you can.

Room Tip: Avoid room on back parking lot as this is where guests "hang out" to enjoy the night, some...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have stayed at this particular location several times a week for the last 3-4 months. On one stay we saw a mouse in the room we told management and they gave us glue traps. Most recently we were evacuated in the middle of the night when the fire alarm went off due to a faulty smoke detector. I was also in one room the night before and made a reservation for the next day through my Wyndham Rewards , since we were already in this room I requested to stay in this room after paying for the next day when I was told that I could not get that room for someone had requested that room for that afternoon Check-in in is at 3 p I paid for my next day at 1050a . So to my disbelief I was told that we would have to move out to a different room after I paid for the next night stay. I am one of their best customers and I thought Howard Johnsons was always a cordial customer based institution but as a regular customer I don't feel that way anymore. After I expressed my dis concern with having to move I was told to go to a different Hotel no concessions are ever offered to me and my Family. I will be staying there again tomorrow one last chance to redeem the Howard Johnsons name in my eyes? The location is great for my needs they need Customer Service Training!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 11, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have frequently visited this motel and was very surprised that I enjoyed it .i have spent many nights in the top of the line hotels along the harbor and I honestly thought that I would not like this place because yes the carpet is old and so are the bedspreads but the husband and wife team were beautiful people and the level of comfort that was given to me was greatly appreciated not to mention the mean man at night isn't really mean at all He is a very nice Indian gentleman .and the young man during the midday is a breath of fresh air .I loved my stay there and I plan to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pikesville
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North -...
#2 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
Mt. Washington
Mt. Washington Conference Center
Hampton Inn Owings Mills
#1 of 5 in Owings Mills

Been to Howard Johnson Pikesville? Share your experiences!