“loyal customer”

Howard Johnson Pikesville
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Pikesville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
baltimore
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed here recently and stayed in one of their newly renovated rooms. The rooms were very spacious and newly renovated. The bathroom and room was clean. For under $100 this is a great deal. I will stay again, however the breakfast needs bacon and eggs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Owings Mills, Maryland
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Stayed here recently and the rooms were clean, and bed was comfortable. The staff was friendly but there was no hot breakfast. I would like bacon and sausage. They had fresh bread, and fresh pastries. Also there was no indoor pool however will return to this hotel in the summer time to the outdoor pool.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I reserved online, then called the hotel to ensure that I was getting a king sized bed on the first floor as requested. I was told that there were no king rooms available on the first floor (I had had knee surgery and could not climb the steps at home, so came to a hotel with first floor rooms). There isn't an elevator. Once I explained that I could not climb stairs I was told that there was one room on the first floor, and that it was handicapped accessible.
The room was excessively hot. The furniture was run down, and there was a burn hole in the bed spread. The bed spread smelled like it had not been laundered for quite some time. The bathroom was clean, with the exception of the shower stall and fold down chair in the stall. (The chair is for someone who needs to transfer from a wheelchair to the shower.) The shower stall and chair needed a good scrubbing! I also found several pieces of what appeared to be pet food on the floor. I'm guessing someone snuck a pet into the room at one point.
I called the front desk to explain that I was not happy with the room, and was told I'd get a call back in five minutes. I waited ten minutes, and called the front desk back. I was told that there were no other rooms with king sized beds available. I would not take no for an answer, and a room suddenly became available,
The only complaints I have about the second room is that there were burn holes in the sheets and blanket, and the furniture was a bit run down.

Room Tip: If you reserve online call the hotel to make sure you are going to get what you reserved. I had frie...