“Room was great...Avoid the breakfast buffet!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Pikesville
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The room was perfect but I have to admit the restaurant was VERY disappointing. I was in town for a funeral and had limited time to get to the service so I chose the breakfast buffet. The items that were supposed to be hot were cold and the items that were supposed to be cold were room temperature. The toaster was broken as well. I did speak to the server and she spoke to the manager. They did not offer me another option. He did comp 2 of the buffets and charged us for 1 continental breakfast. The appropriate solution would have been to comp all the meals.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Maurice H
HiltonPikesville, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thank you for your compliment regarding our guest room. We greatly appreciate your kind words. We also appreciate your bringing to our attention the issues which you encountered while dining in our restaurant. I am disappointed that we fell below your expectations. We normally have great feedback about our restaurant and service. I have shared your comments with our restaurant manager so that she can take the necessary steps to make sure this sort of thing does not happen again. Thank you again for staying with us and for your feedback regarding your experience. It is through our guest feedback that we are better able to continually improve and do well.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Has licensing exam in the morning very close to hotel and wanted to eliminate the traffic variable in the morning so I stayed at the DoubleTree. Neighbors next door were noisy and woke me up at 1am but not hotel's fault. Bed very comfy, warm chocolate chip cookie upon arrival divine!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
HiltonPikesville, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for your noisy neighbors. We have a non tolerance for noise here and do our best to prevent disturbances to our guest. Unfortunately once in a while we do get that guest who is not so considerate of their neighbors and when made aware of the noise we do take action through our security team to stop it immediately. I am sorry to hear we fell short the evening you stayed and that you were woken up from your sleep. Thank you for your feedback and for your kind review. We would love to have you back as our guest in the future. Our warm DoubleTree cookies will be awaiting you on your next stay with us.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

the hotel appeared to be clean. The restaurant staff was very friendly but, service was extremely slow. It was a Friday night and did not appear busy. The exercise facility that was attached to the hotel closed early.The staff was excellent however, I woke up to a mouse in the bathtub. They did comp the room, provide us with a free breakfast and give us another room to shower in.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I am very disappointed to hear of the issues which you encountered while staying with us. I would like to apologize to you for your less than Hilton experience. we fell short of your expectations and are sorry for that.we greatly appreciate your taking the time to bring these issues to our attention. You have helped us in a great way now we can take action to prevent this from happening again to you or any of our future guest.

In regards to the restaurant staff , They are a very good team and usually provide great service. I don't know what may have caused the lack in service the evening of your dinning with us but i have copied our restaurant manager on this email so that she can look into it and work with her staff to improve and prevent any future dinning experiences such as yours.

The Mouse situation is very frustrating for us and i can imagine and completely understand your frustration as well. What has happened recently is that with the weather getting cold and our guest who stay in our first floor rooms that have the back door left open while they smoke outside or etc.. these unwanted visitors have been trying to make their way inside where it is warm. This is not the normal for us , we have never had mouse issues in the past. With the reports that we have received lately we have made great efforts to keep these unwanted visitors out. Our pest control company visits or hotel 3 times a week doing inspections and taking preventing action. Unfortunately it seems that those efforts fell short and one made its way into your guest room which is very upsetting for us as well as was it for you. This leaves you as our guest unhappy with your stay and as our guest we genuinely care that you enjoy your stay with us. Please accept our sincerest apologizes for this negative experience. We do appreciate your bringing this to our attention. Knowing is the first step to us taking action to fix the issue. Thank you so much for your help. let me assure you that this mouse situation is not familiar to our hotel and that we will take all necessary actions to stop it.

We hope that in the future shall your travels bring you back in our area we have a chance to have you back as our guest and an opportunity to show you the level of service we are capable of and that you as our guest deserves. Shall you wish to further discuss this or any aspect of your stay you are more than welcome to contact me either through email at ashley.rawal@hilton.com or at the phone number listed below.

DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North-Pikesville
ashley.rawal@hilton.com

Reviewed November 17, 2013

This is my third year staying at this hotel for a 4-day in-house event (which means I hardly every leave the hotel). The rooms are very clean/comfortable and the food is good and reasonably priced (from 11 am-11 pm you can order off of the lounge menu, which includes healthy salads if you want). The staff is very friendly and they really work hard to make sure you are happy. They are amazingly accommodating. I feel at home here.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Thank you so much for coming back to stay with us each year that you are in town for your event. We greatly appreciate your continued loyalty. It is great to hear that you enjoy staying with us. I am very pleased to hear that our staff and facility are exceeding your expectations. Thank you for your review and kind words, I will pass along the compliments to our staff. We look forward to having you back as our guest next year! Have a great day

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I had more than 90 nights in hotels last year (the vast majority at one Hilton property or another) and I will have about 70+ this year.

Business takes me to the Windsor Mills, MD area a few times a year. I discovered this hotel when I did a project in the area in 2012. I stayed at this property 8 or 9 times for at least 3 nights per stay. I stay here now whenever business takes me to the area. In 2012 when I first started staying here, it was a Hilton. Some time late in 2012 or early in 2013 it became a DoubleTree and underwent a fairly extensive renovation. The rooms got new carpets and new TVs as did the hallways. I will say that I did like the pre-renovation lobby better than the post-renovation version but what can I say. The restaurant is pretty much the same as it was before but I only use it for breakfast so I won't comment on it.

As I recall the service, the DoubleTree version of the property has far better in-room TV service that defaults to native format rather than stretching everything to fit the widescreen format.

Because of my Hilton Honors status, I get an "Honors" room. The Honors rooms are equipped with a microwave oven and a small refrigerator. Additionally, there are 2 bottles of water delivered daily - an inexpensive benefit which I really rather enjoy.

The rooms are clean and the hotel service (particularly maintenance) is pretty good. It was a cold afternoon when I returned to my room and the HVAC unit wouldn't deliver warm air. A quick call to the desk was responded to politely and the maintenance man arrived in less than 5 minutes to take care of the problem.

My corporate rate is very favorable but the regular rate isn't onerous for a nicely redone Hilton property.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
HiltonPikesville, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you so much for your continued loyalty to our property and for your kind words. We put allot into our renovation to make our facility a more enjoyable more comfortable place for our guest. It is good to hear that our guest appreciate our efforts.

I am very happy to hear that our maintenance department was able to quickly resolve the issue which you experienced while staying with us. We have a great and very well knowledge maintained staff here and I will be sure to commend them and pass along your comments to the department head and staff.

Thank you again for staying with us and for being a Hilton Honors member. We are happy to know that you will be coming back to stay with us. If there is anything that we can do or any way we can further assist you or make your stays even better please don’t hesitate to ask. We appreciate you as our guest.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

The staff was very accommodating and helpful. They were patient to answer all my questions and were able to help with some scheduling issues. I was glad that my room was ready, especially sine I go to the hotel a bit before check in time. Thank you for all your effort.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
HiltonPikesville, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

I am very pleased to hear that our staff did a great job accommodating and assisting you. We have a great team here that we are very proud of. Hearing it from our guest how they are appreciated makes all the hard work and effort worth it. Thank you so much for sharing your kind words. I will be sure to pass along the compliments and commend my staff if your travels bring you near in the future, come in and stay with us we look forward to your next visit. Thank you again for staying with us and for your kind words.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

...value and service--
The bar experience is wonderful thanx to great personal service.

Convenient to almost anywhere in Baltimore, this place may be aging, but exquisitely clean and impeccably hospitable crew.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
HiltonPikesville, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and our Fountain side Bar. Thank you so much for your compliments.

Our building has seen some years, however we work very hard maintain and constantly improving our facilities. We are very proud of our friendly hospitable staff. It makes us very happy that you as our guest have noticed our efforts.

Thank you again for staying with us and for your feedback. We look forward to having you back as our guest.

Director of Front Office
DoubleTree Baltimore North-Pikesville
410-653-1100

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pikesville
Hyatt Place Baltimore/Owings Mills
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore / Woodlawn
Howard Johnson Pikesville
Howard Johnson Pikesville
#2 of 4 in Pikesville

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville? Share your experiences!