“My favourite hotel in Baltimore area”

DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Pikesville
Reviewed May 15, 2011

This hotel truly distinguishes itself with the friendliness of the staff. My business requires me to be in downtown Baltimore but I now always stay at the Hilton, Pikesville. I have my employees stay there too. The staff are awesome, the rooms have been recently upgraded and the manager, Bill, is very receptive to customer suggestions. One of the most friendly hotels I've ever stayed at. I have stayed there on at least five occasions for a total of about 20 nights in the past three months and every stay has been wonderful. I stay here purely because of the friendly staff and they make everything worthwhile. They have good food, good beer and very comfortable rooms. I will stay there again next week and even if it's a 30 to 45 minute drive into the city, it's worthwhile to me.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed May 14, 2011

Nice hotel with amazing service...I would stay at this property again

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2011

The mighty expressionist power of the English language falls short in being able to fully describe the experience I had at this simple hotel. Perhaps a more appropriate description is more a feeling than a paragraph of mere words; something one might feel after knowing your loved one pulled through a dangerous surgery, or a reformed thug graduating college, the first in his family to do so. These are rare, precious moments, when no strife nor conflict is welcome in your thoughts, when all is well, when all are safe. Such was my experience at the Pikesville Hilton. Indeed, clean sheets, a friendly staff, a bounty of gourmet treasures, these are, individually, all fine. But the way in which they were orchestrated so masterfully made me feel as if I were weightless, floating through a mystical realm of peace and wonder. Never have I slept so deeply, nor eaten so well. The greeting by the front desk staff was like a royal coronation, the walk to the room like a romantic stroll on the beach, entering the hotel room like walking down a ballpark corridor to see a professional baseball diamond for the first time. When I returned home, I immediately canceled my trip to London for the royal wedding. I no longer needed to feel close to the crown, for at the Pikesville Hilton, I was the royalty, tended to by an abundance of eager servants. Very simply put, within this hotel lies the almighty grace of God. One day soon I hope to return, if only to worship at the altar of comfort.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank ExtremelyModerate
Reviewed April 3, 2011

I stayed at the Pikesville Hilton last night; I was almost scared off by previous bad reviews, and just wanted to post that I had a fine experience. There WAS a wait to check in, as there was only one person at the check-in desk, and she DID ask for help, and the help was VERY slow in coming. Once I got checked in, though, the room was fine, the hotel was fine, none of the other criticisms posted in the bad reviews came to pass. Another note: my friends whom I was traveling with elected to stay at the Ramada across the street, because it was a little cheaper, and they left at 1:30 in the morning because they were so grossed out by the Ramada that they couldn't sleep. Having just stayed there, the Hilton is fine.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 26, 2010

first and foremost..EMILY is a true female dog!!! I have never recieved such tude from a hilton employee. Everyone at the front desk looks miserable. The hotel is loud, dirty and old. "security" is creepy and lurks around the halls...just a complete mess.

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank lestraveling
Reviewed September 16, 2010

Stayed at this hotel on September 7th and 8th 2010. Upon check in I asked if I could switch my room from an upper level room to a first floor with patio. "No Problem!" was the reply. Upon entering the room I was pleasantly surprised with the space and layout. King size bed, reading chair, desk with chair, bed side tables and coffee maker. Room also had a nice size flat screen tv, at least 40 inches. Beds were soft with plenty of pillows and a/c worked great. Only two complaints were wake up call did not work each morning and they do not have movies to rent. Being away on business without the wife and kids I was looking forward to catching up on a couple of movies that I had missed in the theater. The staff was pleasant, you cannot walk past an employee without them saying "Good Morning, Afternoon or Evening". If you ask a question, be ready for the answer because they will make sure they have answered every question before they let you move on. Would I stay here again on business, "Yes". Even though the pool was closed it look great. It was still full of water but closed down because it was the day after labor day.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 1, 2010

I have never reviewed a hotel until now. But, I want to provide another point of view about the Pikesville Hilton. I have stayed at this hotel, every Mon-Thurs, since Oct 2009. I have stayed in over 20 rooms and experienced a fairly consistent, pleasant stay each time. I had only 2 'room-related' issues over this period: 1) a room's heating system failed; 2) water leaked through the window during an extremely heavy rain - this was due to the window not being securely latched. During the Jan-Mar period, there were intermittent problems with the TV because Comcast was upgrading the region's signal (it was not isolated to the Hilton). I have seen no bugs nor detected any noxious room odors. I have asthma, so I am sensitive to these things.
My rooms have all been comfortable, the staff has always made me feel welcomed, and the fitness facilities are very good. I have seen Bill Leonhardt (GM) and his front desk team, led by Kim and Emily, handle the most stressed out guests to resolve their problems professionally and fairly. I have never seen anyone on his team loose their temper, cop an attitude, or be direspectful to any guest.
I am not arguing with those who posted negative reviews. But, I hope that those who are considering a hotel in the Pikesville area consider this: of the thousands of people who have stayed here each year, you will always have a few who feel their stay was not up to par and must vent their emotions. But, having been a guest of this hotel for nearly a year, and someone who has traveled all over the world, I felt compelled to guide the readers of these reviews to consider staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pikesville
3 mi away
Howard Johnson Pikesville
#2 of 4 in Pikesville
Residence Inn Baltimore Owings Mills
Hilton Garden Inn Owings Mills

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville? Share your experiences!