“Great chinese Food--Unique flavors and huge vegetarian choices”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 25, 2012

First time there--Found it on Trip Advisor and was impressed by all the high ratings. Turns out the masses are right. Really good food. Some unique flavors without being super hot. Largest vegetarian and vegan selection I have ever seen in the Baltimore region. One friend got the Shrimp with vegetables and they were really jumbo.Will definitely go back.

Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

I found out about Mr. Chan in July and decided to try it. My boyfriend and have been visiting them once a week ever since.
I am Chinese so I am very picky about Chinese food places. I don't like the sugar packed fake Chinese food. So I was sceptical going to try them out. Boy I was glad I gave it a chance. We've never had s bed meal there and the servers are always super friendly. Food is delicious and they use really good quality vegetables. We've tried different dishes every time and have no complains.
They are in the process of renovating the place, so its interesting to see improvements little by little over the weeks.
Love it and hope you will give it a try too.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Hard to find vegan food in this area. Great vegan food, as well as regular stuff. Love the veggie nuggets with cashews!

Reviewed March 23, 2012

We are never disappointed here. In addition to the usual Szechuan fare, An entire page of vegetarian options is offered. There are other creative dishes as well. The hot and sour soup is tops, as is the vegetarian tofu soup (which has no soy sauce for all of you gluten free eaters. Ordering a white sauce and asking for carry out soy sauce (gluten free!) on the side gives the GF diner additional options. Everything is freshly made and delicious. Lunch specials include soup, eggroll and entree. Try Konjac noodles, low carb and gluten free)
There is plenty to eat! Cr. Chan is a must if you love Chinese Food!!!

Reviewed December 22, 2011

Decided to take another reviewers recommendation and try Mr. Chan Szechuan Restaurant in Pikesville, for a takeaway lunch, and was glad I did. What really sets this place apart from others is the notable selection of vegetarian dishes. There is the usual selection of tofu choices, but how refreshing to see seitan and tempeh choices, as well. I decided to go with the choice of the other reviewer, and ordered the Kung Pao seitan. I decided to pay an additional one dollar surcharge to have veggies added. It was quite delicious, especially with real brown rice (not refried), that came with it. A sizeable, healthy, tasty meal. I'll definitely be returning to try some of their other veggie selections.