“Glad we have this gem in the neighborhood” 5 of 5 bubbles

Mr Chan Szechuan Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 68 Restaurants in Pikesville
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Sushi
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Baltimore, Maryland
“Glad we have this gem in the neighborhood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

I found out about Mr. Chan in July and decided to try it. My boyfriend and have been visiting them once a week ever since.
I am Chinese so I am very picky about Chinese food places. I don't like the sugar packed fake Chinese food. So I was sceptical going to try them out. Boy I was glad I gave it a chance. We've never had s bed meal there and the servers are always super friendly. Food is delicious and they use really good quality vegetables. We've tried different dishes every time and have no complains.
They are in the process of renovating the place, so its interesting to see improvements little by little over the weeks.
Love it and hope you will give it a try too.

baltimore, MD
“vegan food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

Hard to find vegan food in this area. Great vegan food, as well as regular stuff. Love the veggie nuggets with cashews!

Visited September 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
“The best Chinese food in town!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2012

We are never disappointed here. In addition to the usual Szechuan fare, An entire page of vegetarian options is offered. There are other creative dishes as well. The hot and sour soup is tops, as is the vegetarian tofu soup (which has no soy sauce for all of you gluten free eaters. Ordering a white sauce and asking for carry out soy sauce (gluten free!) on the side gives the GF diner additional options. Everything is freshly made and delicious. Lunch specials include soup, eggroll and entree. Try Konjac noodles, low carb and gluten free)
There is plenty to eat! Cr. Chan is a must if you love Chinese Food!!!

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Mr. Chan has tasty, healthy Chinese cuisine.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

Decided to take another reviewers recommendation and try Mr. Chan Szechuan Restaurant in Pikesville, for a takeaway lunch, and was glad I did. What really sets this place apart from others is the notable selection of vegetarian dishes. There is the usual selection of tofu choices, but how refreshing to see seitan and tempeh choices, as well. I decided to go with the choice of the other reviewer, and ordered the Kung Pao seitan. I decided to pay an additional one dollar surcharge to have veggies added. It was quite delicious, especially with real brown rice (not refried), that came with it. A sizeable, healthy, tasty meal. I'll definitely be returning to try some of their other veggie selections.

San Antonio, Texas
“I wish I lived in Baltimore so I can eat here again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

We are from Texas and decided to try Mr. Chan. The 5 of us don't understand why others haven't consistently given them 5 stars. The dining room is very clean, the food is delicious and was delivered hot, plated nicely, and the service and attention from the servers  is excellent!  I think if we lived here we woyld be regulars, knowing them personally and feeling at home here. We ordered crispy beef, citrus shrimp, chicken and broccoli, triple crown and the plumpest non-greasy egg rolls I have ever seen. I highly recommend this place. Yum!