“adequate”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 68 Restaurants in Pikesville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hooks Lane
Description: Expect nothing less than an extraordinary meal and first-class service from one of the most outstanding prime steak houses in the world: Ruth's Chris Steak House. Among the most distinctive dining destinations in the area. At Ruth's Chris Steak House your service will always be first class-attentive but never fussy.
Miami, Florida
“adequate”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

food as expected; crab cakes and vegetable sides excellent.
bar crowded on occasion; but, service fine.

3 managers too conspicuous-- huddling together, walking and chatting, not to mention overtly chowing down together at the bar and consuming inordinate calories!

signage admonishment not to wear sandals-- ridiculous, since many ladies and a few gents so attired.

Visited June 2013

“Great wine pairing”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely wine pairing dinner that highlighted some very nice wines of Napa Valley. We had an excellent goat cheese and arugula salad followed by a lobster bisque. We then had a mushroom tart and the an excellently prepared filet. The dinner was topped off with wonderful creme brûlée
We recommend this restaurant not only for the food but for the excellent service.

White Marsh, Maryland
“Excellent as always ......”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

2 petite filets cooked to perfection, 1 huge baked baked potato w/sour cream & butter and creamed spinach were more then enough for the 2 of us. The warm raisin bread is our favorite topped w/butter. We never seem to have room for dessert so I can't comment on them. Service has always been excellent and the bar area offers a warm and cozy atmosphere free of screaming mi-mi's.
There was quite a period of time that we could not get into the bar area for an early dinner because a nearby law or accounting firm always had it reserved or so we were told. Otherwise a great overall experience.

• Visited November 2012
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Classic Steak House”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

If you are looking for a consistently good steak, with no bells and whistles, then this is the place for you. We have dined at this franchised restaurant for many years. If not for a very negative interaction recently, this would have been a 5 star rating. But, thanks to the manager's poor customer service, it is a 3 star rating. What happened? We purchased $1000 worth of gift cards for holiday presents, based on the huge advertising campaign that we would earn $10 for every hundred we spent. The day I bought the cards, we were told we should take the $100 gift card, not the points on our "frequent flyer" card. We were also told to use the card soon, or it would expire. When we went to use the gift card in December, we were told it was "too soon." We asked to speak to the manager who reiterated we could only use it for what appeared to be the restaurant's slowest time in the year. He would not budge. Blamed it on "corporate." I blame this incident on poor customer service. I will go back to use that card before it expires, but will never buy gift cards from them again. Bait and switch, anyone?

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Sharon B
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“HORRIBLE Save your time and money”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

When you enter this restaurant, I had high hopes based on the high prices. However, the disappointment quickly came over me with first the flavorless, white-foam flavored cold bread. The over-sweet raisin bread wasn't much better. So I ordered the restaurant week combination for 35 dollars. I ordered the blue cheese, brown-colored dressing that made the too small mechanically cut greens look old. The amount of blue cheese included was sparse and the only two thin pieces of apple were detected.... But the entree.....I ordered a scallop dish that was delivered to me with a warning of how hot the plate was. But something made me immediately touch a scallop to see how hot it was, and it was REFRIGERATOR cold. I accidentally touch my plate and got a burn that immediately made me dunk my hand in my water! The plate was beyond hot. I asked the waitress if this was supposed to be a cold dish, because of how really cold it was. When she said no, I asked her to take the cold food back. I was burned by a plate that the manager said comes out at 500 degrees!!! So imagine...entrees of 35....43......50 + dollars and they can't even give you food that is appropriately heated. I got the re-heated food back. It was rubbery with parts that I couldn't chew, and over salted. My husbands steak tasted "funny". Yealth! No flavor, cold food, no art, poor service, highest prices! To my surprise, the flourless chocolate cake was actually good, but the coffee was weak, and no one came back to give us a warm up. I hope they get help to improve.

• Visited January 2013