“Fine dining”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Baltimore, Maryland
“Fine dining”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Great presentation. Had the stuffed soft-shell crab Mrs Fran would have been to PROUD have her name associated with it.. Batter was seasoned just right and crab stuffing was awesome. *****

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank southsidedean

“Great Service-Food Average”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I was very pleased with the service at Tall Oakes. The food is average to good. I had the stuffed shrimp and although the portion was smaller then most restaurants it was good. My husband had shrimp scampi over pasta which was very bland. We ordered the crab pastry appetizer which was good but a very small portion compared to a traditional crab dip served elsewhere...My Mom ordered the drink special which was a dirty banana...they were out of bananas! My husband and I ordered the grapefruit crush.....it was sweet and not fruity ... it tasted like they put a lot of sprite in it. We were seated next to a 60ish couple the woman was drunk and loud. She bumped into me coming out of the bathroom without excusing herself. Her table was next to ours and she was speaking very loud throughout our entire dinner ...I may give this restaurant another try....but not anytime soon.....

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank TM12345
“Great place - much, much finer than the spotty reviews on Yelp indicated!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Tall Oaks is excellent. I had read some spotty reviews on Yelp so chose to use a Groupon to try it out. I plan to go again and am willing to pay full price. It was that good.

The ambiance is comfortable. Cloth tablecloths and napkins were an unexpected treat for a weekday lunch.

The food was delicious and perfectly done. It was clear that care had gone into it's prepation. Several examples: the fried zucchini was breaded with a light hand and there was no greasiness at all. Salads included a nice mixture of greens but also included matchstick sized veggies like zucchini and yellow squash - to me that's attention to detail. The dessert was beautifully plated with a strawberry cut to look like flower and with mint leaves. My dining partner and I both enjoyed shrimp stuffed with crab meat. Service was impeccable. I will visit this restaurant again as a special treat for family and friends. Thanks Tall Pines for the wonderful lunch.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank moonchild07
Annapolis, Maryland
“Perfect "Date Night" Place”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had not been to Tall Oaks in a while and had heard mixed reviews of it lately so we decided to try it for ourselves. The hostess was very attentive and seated us right away. The ambience was nice, music was light and relaxing.

Our waiter, Matt, came to the table right away to offer us drinks. I explained that I had a Groupon, but had never used one before and could he help me with it. He was very helpful and showed me how to do it. He was very prompt in bringing our drinks and taking our order.

We shared the crab dip pastries and a cup of Maryland crab soup for our appetizers and both were outstanding. For our entrees, I had the prime rib and my husband had the filet with stuffed shrimp. My prime rib was slightly tough, but was still excellent and a very nice cut. The lima beans were fresh and cooked perfectly. My husband's meal was cooked perfectly as well. His steak was awesome and the stuffed shrimp were a nice size and complimented the steak very well. The only thing so-so were the mashed potatoes. They really didn't have any flavor, leading us to believe they may not be "real" mashed potatoes. Fortunately, our meals were enough that we couldn't have eaten the potatoes anyhow.

Overall, this was an excellent meal. The service was outstanding~ Thanks Matt! and it was reasonably priced. A great place for a quiet dinner for two or easily a great place to celebrate with friends and family.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Charon2010
Washington
“Always treated like family......”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The best food, ambiance, and sincere customer service in Pasadena.....I always go on Friday where Megan does her "Martini magic"....If you like tequila...try a "El Toro" Martini (tequila resposado, amaretto, freshly squeezed lemon, shaken in a chilled martini glass)....Tell 'em "herb" sent you...after two, you'll feel like your in Pamplona Spain being chased...Ole'!....

• Visited April 2013