“Always treated like family......”
Review of Tall Oak's Restaurant - CLOSED

Tall Oak's Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The best food, ambiance, and sincere customer service in Pasadena.....I always go on Friday where Megan does her "Martini magic"....If you like tequila...try a "El Toro" Martini (tequila resposado, amaretto, freshly squeezed lemon, shaken in a chilled martini glass)....Tell 'em "herb" sent you...after two, you'll feel like your in Pamplona Spain being chased...Ole'!....

2  Thank WashingtonVoyager_45

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Food very good. Service was attentive. Wine list somewhat limited, but acceptable for a family dinner.

1  Thank zydecolady
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I recently ate here with a friend. Everything was excellent from beginning to end. The cream of crab soup was outstanding. I got the 2 crab cake entree with rice and sautéed spinach. I had no room for dessert but had "leftovers" to take home. I will definitely be back again!

1  Thank rtchur
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Judging from the neighborhood, this was a "shorely" an old blue-collar waterfront community joint. I know 'cause I was at 'em myself back in the day (and still do sometimes). Anywho, this placed has reborn as a very nice restaurant that i suspect the roadhouse boys with butt cleavage hate.
The decor and atmosphere is sophisticated yet understated. The wait staff was mature, polished, and knowledgeable. First impressions being what they are, I would have the hostess to kick up her game (viz a viz dress and banter). I would have enjoyed a wine selection with something between the $20 bottles and the $98 bottle. I just thought the attempt to be top shelf is just a few minor details away.
My woman loved her cream of crab (and the offer of splash of sherry was Varsity) as well as her veal special.
My barbequed oysters were perfect (one out of six had too much BBQ sauce, NBD). The signature secret marinated strip steak had the right temperature and the sauce/marinade was excellent. Unfortunately, the cut of steak was thin, not well trimmed, and stringy. Something must have happened that evening, because they 86'd the Prime Rib (at 6pm).
The shared desert (sour cream apple pie) was excellent as was the nice pour of port.
She loved it and I liked it. We will go back.

2  Thank IMCityboy
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Excellent caribean trout special , portions not too large, had room for dessert...a fantastic creme brulee. Clean and nicely refurbished Pasadena classic. A nice menu with many choices. Highly recommend trying this upscale restaurant.

1  Thank chesapkbayblu