“Food was good but priced high.”
Review of Bangkok Oriental

Bangkok Oriental
Ranked #20 of 109 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Food was good but expensive for asian food. The atmosphere was bad but not there fault. There is a gym next door and when they blast the music it isnt very peacefull i suggest getting takeout. Servings where big that me and my wife where able go share our meals. Will return again.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I loved the quiet, almost secret location. Its in a strip mall behind the Bob Evans on Route 2. Find it and try some Jasmin Iced Tea. Cools the hot food very nicely.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

I have been eating at the Bangkok Thai restaurant for the past 16 years. When I lived in MD (through 1999), I used toeat at this restaurant at least once a week. Now that I live in the Southwest, I plan my trips to make sure that I get to stop by Bangkok Thai. I make this effort because this is honestly some of the best Thai food I have ever consumed.This place is beyond excellent and over the past 16 years has been consistently excellent on every visit.

Once you get beyond the fact that this restaurant is obscured by its location in a very non-descript strip mall, it is all up hill from there. You walk in the door and the ambiance is so peaceful but its the aroma that draws you in. The staff are always very pleasant and professional but obviously the reason I go is for the Thai food.
Bangkok Thai has excellent traditional thai-Pud Phet Shrimp and Chicken as well as Pud Thai. Their spices are on the mark whether you order your dishes hot and spice or not. I also like the mixed veggies with tofu. This is one of my favorite dishes even though I am not strictly a vegetarian. I like to get this dish medium spicy and it never disappoints.

I highly recommend this restaurant. It is worth the drive from Annapolis and or Baltimore. I promise you will enjoy it too!

Reviewed December 12, 2011

I ate lunch here recently. I was the only patron that sat down for lunch during the hour that I was there. The server was a sweet young woman, and I enjoyed her company and service. I ordered the Kha Gai to start. This is a hot soup that is made with coconut milk, galangal, lemon grass and chicken. The portion was generous, and the flavor was good overall, but nothing exciting. The soup had a slight sourness to it that I could have done without, but it was not overpowering and didn't ruin the dish. I also received a spring roll, which I discovered was included with the Drunken Noodles that I ordered for my main course. The spring roll was crunchy, tasty, and pretty greasy. The Drunken Noodles came with scallops. The portion of noodles was generous, but I could have done with maybe one or two more scallops and some slices of onion or other vegetables or herbs to add some crunch to balance out the noodles. The flavor was good, but it was missing something. There was clearly a lot of minced basil mixed into the noodles, but it did not have the clove-like taste that I have come to expect from Thai dishes. Perhaps the flavor was cooked out of the basil, rather than being added to the dish at the last minute. There was also a sweet-chili taste missing (for me) from the dish. So the Drunken Noodles fell just a bit flat for me and tasted a bit like a spicy, Italian pesto dish. Don't get me wrong. The food was good and worth going back for, but based just upon the wonderful balance of sweetness, heat, herbs and spices that Thai food can offer, and based on price, I would still prefer to visit Thai One On in Towson over Bangkok Oriental, if I am closer to the north side of town than to the south side.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

My Husband Loves this place, and has gotten me hooked. We have to do Thai at least once a month and this is the only place we go. He loves Thai food and says this is the best around. The Mango Sticky Rice is awesome, and anytime they have it in stock we get it. I love the Pad Thai and Drunken Noodles, but if I'm watching Calories I go with the Steamed Vegetables which are still really good. He ALWAYS gets the Panang Curry Chicken and refused to try anything else. We do take out mostly, but when we have gone there to eat the service is always great. We go through alot of water with the spicy food and they are constantly filling it up.