“Decent food, fun atmosphere”

Two Rivers Steak & Fish House
Ranked #2 of 109 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Two Rivers Steak and Fish House is locally owned and operated, with strong ties to the surrounding communities. Situated on the Delhaven Peninsula between the Magothy and Patapsco Rivers in Pasadena, Two Rivers dishes up mouth-watering fare in a warm, upbeat setting. Whether you're looking for a great place to watch the game, want to cozy up with a drink by the fire or need that perfect spot for the whole family, we've got you covered. Serving only Certified Angus Beef, each steak is hand-selected, hand-cut, and delivered with a written third party certification to ensure gourmet quality and freshness. All recipes have been crafted by our Partner/Chefs, creating a diverse selection of dishes with local flair as well as those inspired by other regions. We also offer full service catering and custom baking for all the special occasions in your life. Visit us at Two Rivers Steak and Fish House today and see for yourself why it has quickly become Pasadena's premier dining establishment.
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate here late last Friday while on a date night. Even at 8:45, the place was packed and a live band was cranking out some parrot-head tunes in the bar area. We split a calamari appetizer, and I chose the shrimp and grits starter for my entree while the hubby ordered a steak. Our waiter was attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. The food came out a bit salty, across the board (even my husband's steak). And the atmosphere was lively but a bit too loud. With a few adjustments, this place could be stellar.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We have a fairly new restaurant in town that I haven't tried until today for a birthday celebration with family. I had heard it was pretty good but when I read the reviews last night I was having second thoughts. But still I am one to give it a try to make up my own mind since there are so many variables that make up your mind as to a good experience. I must say, I am so glad I gave it a try. We had a good time and the food couldn't have been any better. We were not disappointed at all. We each had the ribeye steak and it was done to perfection. The appetizers of cream of crab soup and the shrimp and grits were a hit. This was the first time trying shrimp and grits and it was so good I could have made a meal out it alone. The salads were large, no disappointment there. And what can I say about those rolls......like homemade. They just melted in your mouth. The waitress was fantastic and always checked on us to see if we needed anything. Needless to say, we had to forego dessert......much too full of that wonderful steak. The baked potato was done perfectly also. We went in the middle of Saturday afternoon and it was busy but not too bad. We would go again in a heartbeat. Got to have more of those shrimp and grits : ) My only complaint was that there were no handicapped parking spots, just a row of 15 minute parking spots for pickup or carry out orders. I realize shopping centers have limited number of handicapped spots, but for me it was difficult getting in and out. The only handicapped spots were down at the end of the building at the senior center. Other than that, please give them a try, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank HerkDia
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We have gone here twice and our result is disappointment. It is pricey and the food is not at the level of the prices. It seems they are trying to embellish the dishes to make them more "modern", but it doesn't work. Too much garnishes, wrong spices, a flavor mish-mash. Maybe if I just had a plain steak it would be better. It looks like a dolled-up sports bar and not a nice family restaurant. For the price, I sure expected more.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife is perpetually on the prowl for the next good restaurant for us to visit. There's goodness in that, but apparently she's part of the minority of folks who still believe whatever is posted on the Internet is true. Consequently, when it comes to restaurants, and particularly their online advertising - well, let's just say she's never met a restaurant website that she didn't like. In contrast, despite what my birth certificate says, and the story my parents consistently tell me, I must have been born in Missouri - because I need for people to show me before I'm convinced.

We made our way to Two Rivers on a Sunday evening, and located the restaurant, in the anchor spot of a nice strip mall. In the entryway, the kitchen is visible through a window on the right, and the bar area is in an elevated area straight ahead, with the restaurant seating through and to the right. We were seated immediately, and after a short "pause" our hostess met our request to be seated in a booth. The restaurant appears deceptively small from the outside, but sports ceilings that were so high, they could have easily doubled as a hangar for the Hindenburg. Large archways provide views to the bar areas, but the clever use of nearly invisible glass eliminates the risk of noise overflow.

The restaurant was slightly more than half full at the time we were there. Glancing around, the eating area, booths and tables all appeared to be very well-maintained, and clean - and the general noise levels were quite low, despite the presence of 4-5 large screen TVs present in the eating area.

Our server, Kenny, appeared quickly and took our drink order. The menu is a mix of primarily steaks and seafood. All which were reasonably priced, and averaged in the $20-25 per entree range. My wife ordered some chicken quesadillas as an appetizer, which arrived promptly (and looked quite good) - along with some nice, soft, rolls. My wife ordered the Mahi-Mahi, and I ordered the New Orleans seafood pasta. Our orders arrived promptly, and my wife pronounced the Mahi-Mahi to be quite good - if maybe a smaller portion than she had hoped for. The baked potato and steamed broccoli, more than offset the Mahi-Mahi portion. The seafood pasta was quite good, which included chicken, shrimp and sausage, in a red sauce with green and red peppers, and with just enough hot sauce to remind the diner this is New Orleans CREOLE seafood pasta. My entree portion also more than compensated for my wife's Mahi-Mahi portion, although I'm not sure the dish might not have been better with a lighter pasta than the rigatoni that it came with. My guess is that if I had thought to ask, the kitchen would probably have accommodated a request for angel hair or thin spaghetti (Note to self for next time).

Besides the food, the staff and the ambiance of the restaurant made this meal a great experience. My wife loved that we could talk (and hear ourselves), and she enjoyed the classic 60's tunes that were being played that night. This place is definitely worth a return trip.

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Nice family restaurant. Not overly fancy on decor but very spacious with high ceilings. One of the biggest bar areas I have seen.

Menu offered lots of choice. Food and service was good. Cost/value was pretty standard. I would go here again.