“Love their Son of a Sailor salad but will stick to takeout in future”
Review of Cheeseburger in Paradise - CLOSED

Cheeseburger in Paradise
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Island type food and decor in addition to great burgers
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Too busy and noisy on a Friday night - we got stuck at a bar table in the middle of the thoroughfare between the entrance to the bar. Our waitress was a little off - didn't seem to get what we were asking and was no help without menu questions... My gumbo was good but I should have opted for the El Cubano over the fish taco... My wifes burger was just OK.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

Cheeseburger In Paradise is one of my favorite restaurants in the Glen Burnie/Pasadena. Whether meeting up with friends for Happy Hour or stopping by with the wife for a bite to eat, I always enjoy this place. The island setting naturally produces a festive atmosphere. I prefer to sit up at the bar here. The bartenders are always friendly and attentive.

I almost always start off with an order of the fried dill pickle chips. Although they're fried, they're not overly greasy. They come with a flavorful dipping sauce.

The specialty is here is, no surpise, cheeseburgers. My personal favorites are the pressed burger and the Beach Burger (formerly the Cheeseburger In Paradise). They have a Chesapeake Bay burger that looks pretty interesting, but I haven't tried it yet. You can get fries or sweet potato chips with your burger. I recommend the chips.

I also really like the El Cubano sandwich. It's a pressed sandwich with ham, salami, pork and swiss cheese. Good stuff!

I recently stopped in for lunch and tried the Citrus Salman Salad. Although it was a bit pricey (about $13), it was very good.

CIP also has a variety of frozen drinks. I don't drink these, but the wife tells me that they're great. I prefer the draft beer. Island Ale is the house beer and I highly recommend it. If you like a full bodied beer (like Sam Adams), you'll enjoy the Island Ale. Otherwise, you can choose between Landshark, Blue Moon and the usual light American lagers.

Whenever someone says, "Hey Ken, we're going to meet up at Cheeseburger for a bite and few drinks. You want to join us?"

My instinctive answer is always, "Yep, Count me in!"

Reviewed September 5, 2011

I have always loved cheeseburger in paradise.the food, the drinks and ofcourse Dru the bar tender.I always get a burger usually the pressed burger mmmm mmmm good. The service is like most places it's hit or miss.there ia just asmany bad servers as there are good ones.in the end I highly reccomend.

Reviewed August 10, 2011

We were seated within about 10 minutes which seems understandable but seeing as there were no customers in the restaraunt we thought that at most it should have taken a couple minutes at most. After being seated we waited for about another 10 minutes before anyone came over to help us. This was particularly offensive as we saw several waiters walking around and conversing amongst themselves. when the food arived one of the orders was missing. it wasnt until everyone elses meals were finished that my sister got her food. The food we ordered was bland at best and the portunes were small. I completely understand that the island environment was supposed to be fun and light hearted which we were all looking forward to, but we could see dust, dead insects and there was an odor of must and mold in the air. All in all it was not a pleasant experience. I would not recomend this venue.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

I visit Cheeseburgers in Paradise several times a year because of the fun, islandy feel you get when walk in. The food is varied: delicious burgers, island food, seafood, steaks, interesting appetizers and yummy desserts (you gotta try the chocolate nachos - to DIE FOR!!!) And, if that wasn't enough, a bar drink menu that will blow your socks off! They have every kind of marguerita that was ever thought of and then some!!!!!! Well worth the visit! You will definitely come out singing "Cheeseburgers in Paradise" and "Margueritaville" The General Manager, John Sparkman is a pleasure to come in contact with. He is VERY guest service oriented!!
There is live entertainment on some nights, kareoke, and several flat screen TV's for sporting events. Don't take my word for it, go see for yourself!