“Just average ”

Add it.
Marco's Pizza
Ranked #52 of 115 Restaurants in Pasadena
Reviewed April 9, 2017 via mobile

The pizza we got wasn't all that bad, but let's face it, this is just another commercial pizza place in an already very saturated area. It is slightly different than Papa John's, but if you want real made from scratch Italian food, go to 1978 in the next shopping center.

Reviewed April 7, 2017 via mobile

Tried the new place and wasn't disappointed - great pizza, good delivery, will do this again! The cinnamon square dessert was awesome.

Reviewed March 29, 2017 via mobile

My granddaughters have been waiting what seemed like forever for Marco's to open. Finally we were able to try them and it was good. Only tried the regular crust. Next time thin crust. Every slice was eaten and we all enjoyed it. They double cut the slices and makes it better for little hands. Salads were good too.

Reviewed March 26, 2017

My husband and I took our two kids up to the opening and it we all had a great time! The staff was all very helpful and everyone was friendly. We got cinnamon squares on the house and they were pretty good. The pizza was good as well, but really hot when it first came out, we had to give it a minute. All in all, it's a great little place and I am happy that they are right down the street. They also have delivery service, which I'm sure we will use at some point.

Reviewed March 11, 2017

This place just opened so I thought I would grab a sub on the way home the other day. I ordered the Steak and cheese Bruno without mushrooms but with fried onions. I was told they don't have fried onions. By the way, they also don't have French fries or any of your typical side orders. A gentleman I presumed to be either the owner or manager made a comment about their pizza dough being the best, etc. to which I replied you have a lot of competition in this area and he said not really, only one place and he'll outsell them. He also said they don't have fried onions because they don't have fryers and grills. Soooo, how was my steak cooked? Hmmmm.

Anyway, the sub was low on meat and the cheese flavor, maybe smoked provolone, overshadowed the steak. The roll is toasted so maybe that's how the steak gets cooked, I don't know.

Since I didn't care for that I decided to try the pizza. I ordered a 10-inch thin crust pepperoni pizza. About a minute after I paid for the pizza, someone in the back said they didn't have anymore 10-inch thin crust, it would have to be a 12-inch thin crust. HUH? I told them just to make it a regular crust pizza. Okay, here's an idea: take the 10 inch regular crust ball of dough or the 12-inch thin crust ball of dough and cut some of it off to make a 10-inch thin crust. Seriously. It then took 30 minutes to get my pizza. While I was waiting, I thought I noticed a lot of people back behind the counter working. I counted 15 people and that's only the ones I could see. When they finally called my name, they apologized for the wait and gave me an order of cheesy bread. Is that what took 30 minutes? I would have preferred you just cook my pizza in 15 minutes or less. Really! They talk about the crust being something special but I didn't notice anything different.

So, the sub cost $6.35 and the pizza was $10.59. I'm positive this will not be my go-to place for pizza or subs.

1  Thank lindac562

Been to Marco's Pizza? Share your experiences!