“This place sucks”

Moe's Fisherman Exchange
Ranked #49 of 82 Restaurants in Parkville
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I went to Moe's on 8/25/2011 and was greeted by a waitress who had no personality at all, never smiled and gave me a type of attitude like-ok your here now what do you want?

I ordered a fried fishermans platter which consist of fried fish(who knows what kind of fish), scallops, fried clams and shrimp. When my food arrived I thought I had a clam dinner. There were millions of friend clams all over my plate, just thrown all over the place. This place does NOT put any effort into presentation and making sure your eyes are pleased as well as your stomach. My side dish was the vegetables of the day which were broccoli and carrots. I ordered this to try and get something healthy into my system since I ordered fried seafood. Well the veggies had a half a stick of butter on them, which just tasted like a heart attack meal. No seasoning, just butter all over the place.
The waitress never checked in with me after I was served to ask me if I needed anything or how was I doing. Now I am a big tipper and if the service is right then you will be tipped accordingly. When I brought it to the waitresses attention that she would NOT get a tip because her personality sucked, she never smiled or made me feel welcomed she replied-"Well I am not a big talker, nor do I smile ofter BUT I've been working here for years. Well because you have been working there for years doesnt mean you cant take some constructive advice and grow from it and understand that if you treat your customers like crap you will get a crappy tip. I woiuld not go back to this place at al!! The food was just thrown on to my plate and was not presented well at all, the service was bad and the food didnt taste well at all. Thumbs down to Moe's in Parkville. You never know who your customer are, so you should treat every single person who walks through that door with the utmost respect and the best service at all times-just a tip.

Reviewed June 15, 2008

Tucked in a shopping center in Parkville, this restaurant and market, serves you mammoth quantities of food at fair rates. Their delicious seafood platters will feed you for a few days and they offer affordable daily specials, soups, salads, chicken, steak, pasta and desserts.

We headed here to celebrate my husband’s promotion and my induction in Kappa Delta Pi (International Honor Society in Education).

We both started off with a cup of soup ($2.99). I had the Cream of Crab soup: I never had a cream of crab soup that had this much crab in it- the pieces were huge! The flavor was average but the pieces of crab made up for the average flavor. My husband had the Maryland Crab Soup. He said it was very good but didn’t have large amounts of crab but overall flavor it was one of the better ones he has had.

For dinner we both had one of the specials. I had the Seafood Jumbo Trio, which was a Jumbo Lump Crab cake, surrounded by shrimp and scallops in a lemon-garlic-butter sauce and served with 2 sides. I got he tossed salad with Pepper Parmesan dressing and French fries. Their French fries are very different then normal fries. They have a what seemed to be a crispy coating on them- not breaded but some sort of coating that was put on it before it was fried- they were some of the best fries! The broiled crab cake was huge with large amounts of crab. It was flavored perfectly and wasn’t too dry or too moist. I did however find a few pieces of shell in it. There was about 8-10 of each of the shrimp and scallops. The sauce on it was overly rich and was a nice constancy (not too thick or runny). It was way too much food and I brought home about ½ my crab cake.

My husband got the steak and cake special. He had a filet and the jumbo lump crab cake. The filet was a nice size however once he got past the outside portion of the meat it was way undercooked for his liking (he brought it home to reheat and cook some- He didn’t feel like sending it back). He said it didn’t have much seasoning on it but it was still good (he did add salt to it). He got a baked potato and coleslaw with it. He too also had leftovers to bring home.

Both of our meals were around $28 and our entire bill with food, drinks, tip and taxes was $86 (they added tip to the check before we had to pay). We both agreed the food for the most part was perfect and we would go back again!!!