All reviews scones eastern shore tavern poets town weekend michaels anniversary
Selected filters
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Said breakfast was part of arrangement; thought it would be served. Nope. Pretty bad. Slabs of greasy bacon; old fruit; had to get my own coffee. Room ok, but needs some upgrades. When my wife dropped something on the floor and I had to get down to get it found a bunch of dirt and candy wrappers. Only two lights of three work in bathroom. Only 20-30% of ONE roll of toilet paper in bathroom for TWO people. Amateur paintings in room; looks like some grammar student painted it. The soap was about the size of ping pong ball for TWO people. IMPORTANT: No handicap access - So I'm asked how do I like the room by another service and tell them we had to walk up 4 flights of stairs. The response by the owner was that I was told when I arrived by the person greeting us and that I said "ok," and if we wanted we would be refunded. I did! BUT where was one to go with a paralyzed wife. We did what we had to do and climbed up and down the stairs. Not a great place for us.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank rbritting
oxfordMd, Owner at Oxford Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Dear Mr. Britting,

I’m so sorry that the health of your wife turned you into such a bitter man compelled to resort to such an evil, mean spirited and grossly exaggerated account of your visit.

I truly hope you find peace and happiness in your life.

Lisa

Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our time staying at this inn! It was lovely and laid back and comfortable! The breakfasts were delicious especially the scones! Lisa, the owner, was kind and helpful as well. We were there during the week and not much was going on. Be sure to walk down to the park--an easy 5 minutes. The view on the water is restful and what the Eastern Shore is all about.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

Oxford is a sleepy town and this establishment suits Oxford perfectly. It is maintained in the spirit of quaint B&Bs and the innkeeper was very attentive. We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite which had 2 bathrooms and a huge closet. We highly recommend it. It felt like an apartment. It was spacious and comfortable for our family. Plus, Lisa (the owner/innkeeper) knows everything about Oxford and helped us arrange our activities. Breakfast was fresh and filling. Loved the scones, great coffee and fresh smoked salmon.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2018

I purchased a weekend reservation here for me and my partner. The hotel is very old, and not much renovation has been done to keep the place from getting dirty and fallign apart. There is no central AC, so each room has a window unit (this is loud when you sleep so it gets kind of annoying). There was no TV in our room, which was disappointing as the "common area" is a very small, non air conditioned closet like space.

The first morning breakfast was fine, as there were 2 other couples. Not a large assortment but enough to eat.

The second morning we came down around 9:30 (whereas breakfast is 9-10). The only addition that had been made to accomodate the 3 additional stayers was one extra frittata. However when we got down there, 1/2 of the ham frittata was left, and the entire vegetarian one was gone. (I am vegetarian so this was a problem). Though the chef was very nice and engaged in conversation, he did not check on this at all, and it left us and another group to only have croissants and fruit for breakfast. As a vegetarian I was really upset. We shouldn't have had to come into a no food situation without refills and felt awkward about asking for food...But it is what it is.

Then, when we went to go upstairs to get our things to leave, the entire handle of the door broke off, and we couldn't get into our room. No one from the Inn was even there. The chef nicely assisted us, and we eventually got in. But, that is an example of the old run-down feel of the Inn.

Overall, it was a very musty smelling area, and it was a lot darker and dated than the online pictures made it seem. There were no inviting areas or Inn Keepers that cared about your stay or told you ideas of things to do (which we got from previous Inn experiences elsewhere). It was pretty odd and bare bones for a Bed & Breakfast.

Oh, we did bring back some wine from St. Michaels, to which we asked one of the Inn workers to open - she did - but rudely insulted our taste in wine, stating that it was basically Koolaid. Thanks? But I like sweet wines? It was all very strange and not welcoming.

We will not return to this hotel, and I really feel like I wasted my money on a subpar stay.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank jens12696
Reviewed November 5, 2017

We enjoyed our stay at the Inn. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly. Our room was on the top floor with a number of steps so if you have an issue with stairs you might want to give them a call and ask about the rooms. Also there is no TV in the rooms which was fine with us. A Tavern is attached to the Inn which was a nice plus.

Date of stay: November 2017