Robert Morris Inn
Oxford Inn(Oxford)(Great Value!)
$110
St. Michaels Inn(St. Michaels)
$90
$86
$63
St. Michaels Harbour Inn, Marina & Spa(St. Michaels)(Great Value!)
$249
Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond(St. Michaels)(Great Value!)
$370
Tidewater Inn(Easton)(Great Value!)
$159
$154
Hotels.com
Hampton Inn Easton(Easton)(Great Value!)
$145
Hampton.com
$72
Quality Inn Easton(Easton)(Great Value!)
$94
$200
All reviewsthe tred avon riversconeseastern shorebottle cottagesitting roomrobert morriscooking demonstrationincluded in the room pricemy husband and ibreakfast was includedchef markmark salterno elevatorhollandaise saucea living social dealhistoric propertythird floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We have been coming here for years as my family has a summer home here in town. So sad to see it close down a few years ago. However it is now better than ever. We came for lunch and had a very pleasant surprise,we chose to eat indoors in the tavern where the food was fresh and nicely presented. I had a soft shell crab sandwich, which was encrusted I believe with a wonderful crunchy panko bread crumb which was fried to perfection, not greasy at all. The cole slaw was creamy with an unusual touch of cheese added to it. My husband had a chicken panini which he said was one of the best he had, thin crust with spinach, fresh tomatoes and cheese toasted to perfection. The service was pleasant and we won't hesitate to keep coming back when we come back on the Eastern shore

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Pebblecreek_10
ianiglasgow, Owner at Robert Morris Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2011

Many thanks for your generous comments. So much more valuable when coming from a guest who has visited for so long. Our Chef Partner Mark and his brigade enjoy reading such comments. Many thanks for your business and support.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

The Robert Morris kind of exemplifies the Eastern Shore of Maryland. It has understated elegance mixed with unpretentious atttentiveness. My room was very comfortable, and I was happy that there was no TV (a great break from dawn to bed CNN and ESPN). The restaurant would hold its own against the top competition anywhere. (The crab cake is the best I've had and the Smith Island (peach) cake is fabulous.) Check out the Leisure packages for Sunday and Monday. You won't find a better deal.

Room Tip: All the rooms are probably nice; mine was
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank DCTraveler001

Wow . . . what a great review and it really reflects everything we want The Inn to be recognised for. So many thanks and best wishes. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Mark and Ian

Reviewed June 13, 2011

My boyfriend and I just wanted a quiet weekend getaway before the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. We saw an article about the chef at Robert Morris Inn, and the deal that was offered for the hotel and dinner was too good to pass up. We ended up with the a room on the top floor, just under the eaves. It was perfect, even with the howling winds that night. We were very cozy, especially looking out at the choppy water. We loved it! The dinner that we got in the evening was more than fantastic! We got to choose anything off the menu for a full three-course dinner. The food was delicious. Even thought the weather was less than perfect, we still felt that we were far away from home and the hustle and bustle. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank kesslkat

What a great review! Thank you so much as the staff read these avidly too and it goes a long way to motivating them.
It is a great omen when the Chef is also one of the owners, the food really should hit the spot and delighted it did.
We enjoy being busy so keep the prices "real" and yes the Leisure Packages are the best.
Thanks for your business and we look forward to you relaxing with us again soon!
Ian

Reviewed October 17, 2010

My Mom & Dad stayed there in the late 50' & 60's. The visits were tied to my fathers goose hunting and was always accompanied with Julie and his wife. At the time Julie was the President of the NY AC and both he and my father were good friends.
As a young man pursing other interests, I was not present on any of their trips, but my father always told me about them. God, he loved that place! I promised myself , I would someday spend a night there.

That opportunity presented itself this past August when I needed to visit the University of Maryland- Baltimore. I asked my wife if she would like to join me - we pen three enjoyable days there and discovered the Eastern Shore of MD and fell in love with the area, just as my mother and dad had over 50 years ago.We loved the hotel, food and the "wait" staff, all were both friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Billdougherty
Reviewed October 14, 2010

The Robert Morris Inn in Oxford MD is very old (1710!) and it shows. The floor in the stair landing isn't even close to level. Doors are often quite short (people used to be shorter). And there is no elevator. But, it has been renovated and it has comfy beds, AC when needed, and even wireless (although their network was a tad anemic, at least from the 3rd floor). The wifi is the only in-room modern convenience, really. There are no telephones or TVs in the rooms. Furnishings are mostly antiques and rooms are varied as to size, especially size of bathrooms.

But the location great-- right on the Tred Avon River in quiet Oxford, but just a short ferry ride and drive from the more touristy St. Michaels. The food is great (there is a formal dining room and a tavern) and the staff were wonderful. The management of the Inn changed recently, and the new owners include a chef who knows how to put beautiful tasty food on diners' plates. Usually we make a point to get away from the hotel to eat, but at this Inn, we figured why leave? The food was great! If you want to get away from it all, this is a wonderful place to do it.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple