“Hilton Garden Inn, Owings Mills”

Hilton Garden Inn Owings Mills
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Owings Mills
Augusta, United States
“Hilton Garden Inn, Owings Mills”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Friendly staff, close to restaurants and mall. Good hotel overall. Location makes it a little difficult to exit, recommend going around the Hampton Inn (right next door, same parking area) for another hidden exit.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Baltimore, United States
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Very nice rooms (modern, comfortable and in good condition) with good internet access. Large cordial lobby for informal meetings in small groups. Staff very nice and helpful. Exercise room equipment very basic. Hot tub and small indoor pool refreshing. Breakfast was not included - $13 plus tax and tip per person.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed January 14, 2014

The above title captures our experience at the property being reviewed. It is also rather ironic that, a staff member uttered those exact words to my wife and I on two separate and distinct occasions.

Apart from the super brilliance of the individual front desk staff and Richard (the chef), the rest of the team in hotel operated as if our stay was a bother to them, despite the fact that we were paying guests. A terrible event occurred and it took the GM forever to reach out to me, even though he was aware, that his team failed to deliver on the hilton promise. Hilton Honors even disappointed me FURTHER, by failing to handle the situation to my satisfaction. Therefore, I can only infer that the Group and the property above worked together to make my stay miserable.

I can write an epistle on my stay at the property above but that will be a waste of space and time. WILL I ever go back to that property or stay at any Garden Inn, the answer is NO. Will i continue to stay at the hilton during my travels in 2014 and beyond; YES but only 30% of the time. My first instinct when visiting any city on earth is to look for the Hilton name but that will change going forward.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Chima N
Warner Robins, Georgia
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I was traveling on business. This hotel had all the amenities you expect from a Hilton brand hotel. The staff was friendly, rooms clean, and lobby was very nice. I specifically choose this hotel for the indoor heated pool for my daughter. The pool was very nice, warm and good size. The one thing I wasn't aware of when I choose this hotel was that the pool hours change seasonally as the county requires lifeguard on duty at all time (My fault). We were hoping to take our daughter swimming twice, but unfortunately the pool was only open from 5-10pm during our stay. Otherwise, very nice, I will stay again if traveling to Baltimore.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Owings Mills, United States
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I was very impressed by the hotel. The lobby was great with a fireplace, and lots of seating. The fitness center was also clean and although small had enough gear to get in a work out. It's definitely worth checking out for a stay in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Palm Bay, Florida
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Although I titled this review "Needs Improvements," my impression is based on experience for which other travelers/visitors to this hotel have pointed out. I will say that the gas smell from the fireplace hits you as soon as you walk through the door and don't recall this being mentioned on other reviews. The lobby is nice and the front desk staff are very accommodating. I will say that they tried their best. I initially had trouble with my key card which was finally fixed when the battery was changed. I must say maintanence was very quick to attend to the key card issue.Also I requested a room far from the elevator for quietness but I had all kinds of loud conversations in the hall outside my door. The room I had was very noisy (AC and fridge). I actually found that placing my hand on it made it quiet so my solution (after 1 week of this noise) was to stuff a towel between the fridge and the cabinet that housed it. It appears the fridge was not balanced. The house-cleaning staff did an awesome job and managed to get into the room during my breakfast times. In speaking of breakfast, I'd say this was the most frustrating thing about this hotel. As a Hilton Honors Gold level member I was offered the choice of getting 750 points or free breakfast. I opted for free breakfast knowing that my 2 week stay would give me enough points. The waiter in the dining room didn't seem to care that the breakfast coupons were placed in plain view. He repeatedly gave me a bill for breakfast despite the obvious. I got my own coffee, appeared and placed my own breakfast order to the chef, and did not use him for anything. I did mention this to the front desk staff and he refrained from giving a bill once. I was so turned off by this that I actually only ate breakfast 3-4 times during my 2 week stay. Additionally, there is a TV that is faced out so guests can view, however once breakfast time ends, this wait staff turned it away from guests while watching it himself. Although it may seem not a big deal, this was done during a snow storm and it was important to know the weather as a traveler to the area. Upon my first 2 weeks coming to an end and knowing I had to return for another week, I switched to the Hampton Inn which has been a more pleasant stay. I am required to be in MD for 3 more weeks in January and have booked with the Hampton Inn. No gas smell/no noisy AC or fridge/no wait staff issues/ no key card problems-pleasant staff and appreciated changes from this HGI practices. According to their sign on the desk, you don't pay if you are dis-satisfied but I wonder how often this is enforced. I did speak with a front desk gentleman about my concerns and the fact that I am changing hotels but his only response was OK. No apology or acknowledgement or even offer to get manager to address problems. He seem to be on training. On a later occasion I did hear the person training him telling hm about complaining guests but didn't stick around to hear anything significant as my mind was made up to seek my own solutions by leaving. I will say that my check in was uneventful and requests to have itemized bill ending Sundays were accommodated. As I said the front desk ladies were helpful and great-this is my reason for 2 stars.

Room Tip: Although I indicate average for spa-I never used it. Poor room rating due to noisy AC and fridge.