“Owings Mills owes nobody!”

Hilton Garden Inn Owings Mills
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Owings Mills
“Owings Mills owes nobody!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton garden inn and was quite pleased with the arrangement and the cleanliness of the hotel, though my Hilton honors points were useless at this hotel neither did I get any points either. On one hand, the front desk staff looks somewhat peevy towards blacks, I know the look and the resignation to the fact that oh , I have to serve a black man, secondly, no bell-hop at this hotel so get ready to either lose your way to the room on the first day or just plainly request to shown to the room. One great point to mention was the fact that I misplaced $500 and some small forex at the breakfast table and was absolutely unaware of the loss for hours till my attention was drawn by the front desk, so I can vouch for honesty at this hotel, and of course the restaurant had such wonderful staff eager to please and satisfy. Aside from some of the front desk staff who need further training in client appreciation and reception, my stay was PERFECT throughout the five nights.

Room Tip: All rooms are perfect though mine was a suite on the sixth floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Robert C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Owings Mills, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your visit to Owings Mills. And thank you for taking time to share your thoughts on your stay.

I am very puzzled by your impression and comments about our service towards African American guests. The majority of our staff is African American including the staff member who found your money and turned it in so it could be returned to you.

I am sorry you have that impression. However, I can honestl say, I'm very proud of our diverse staff and they way we treat guest of all races.

Please feel free to contact me directly at BWIOM_GM@Hilton.com if you would like to discuss your stay or impressions any further.

Respectfully,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

I found everything I expected and needed at this hotel. Acomfortable bed, desk chair, decent breakfast selection and helpful hotel staff. For some reason this location only served breakfast, no dinner was available, but there are plenty of restaurants close by. I would and probably will stay here again

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank CKinOmaha
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel, we truly value your business. Also thank you for taking the time to share your expereinces. it is only through feed back from our guests that we can be sure we are providing an excellent guest experience.

I'm glad you were pleased with all of our services. As for our restaurant only serving breakfast, we were one of the original Hilton Garden Inn's opened and at that time with the restaurant park across the street, we did not have a big demand for lunch or dinner from our guests.

As you are probably aware we do provide a full menu for dinner room service seven nights a week from a local restaurant that has some very good selections.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Owings Mills.

Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

My teenage son and I stayed at this property last weekend for yet another tennis tournament. Our room was spacious and comfortable (and included a fridge and microwave - necessities in our minds!). The beds were yummy! The fitness center, though small, had brand new equipment and was immaculate. The breakfast offerings were perfect. The parking was convenient. And the staff were all incredibly friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend it and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We were close to the elevator (which I usually avoid), but even that room was very quiet!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Thanks so much for all nice comments about the stay with your son. I'm very glad you both enjoyed it so much. I'll be sure an share your comments with our staff, so they know they are doing a great job.

We look forward to seeing you again should you son have any more tournaments in the area.

Charlotte
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for one night, but this hotel definitely made an impression on me. I was expecting the typical utilitarian off the highway hotel, but it was all the little touches that made such a difference. I checked in pretty late, but I was greeted with a smile and was also given a goody bag because I was Guest of the Day. I was pleasantly surprised. In the room, there were chocolates by the bed and even a package of a makeup remover wipe in the bathroom. I loved the king size bed with the adjustable sleep system. I had a great night sleep! I didn't have the buffet breakfast the next morning, but I did help myself to the complimentary coffee. I will definitely stay here again the next time I am in this area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

I'm so pleased to hear you were excited about being the Guest of The Day. We like to surprise a different guest or two every day with that little honor. It can sometimes be a great pick me up to an otherwise hard day of travel.

Thank you so much for all the nice comments, I will make sure to share them with our staff, so they know they are doing a great job.

Baltimore,MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

Excellent-friendly hotel staff -- clean-modern rooms and good amenities give this property a good rating. Great cooked to order breakfast--indoor pool--exercise room are available to hotel guests.

Room Tip: For a good room--Ask for high floor and room in the back of hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SuzannePC

Thanks so much for your nice comments. I'm pleased to say we've added a few new touches to our fitness center since your visit. We have a larger and newer selection of dumbells and have added a very nice wooden towel station, to insure you always have a nice selection of fresh towels after your workout.

We hope you get a chance to come back soon and experience it and all the other wonderful features of our hotel.

Owings Mills, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

I stayed her for a few days this week when we lost power and had a pretty good experience. Initially calling I didnt have the best expeience. The rep told me they were completely booked until I told he that cant be true because online is showing availabality.( I called because I had a question before booking ) Once she put me on hold she came back and said " oh well book it online" . Now that I didnt appreciate, but once checked in I had no issues. The rooms were clean, any employee I walked passed greeted me , and they have up tp date appliances. The pool is small (20 person max) and the hot tub was broken at the time. Overall I would stay again. Oh they also has white duvets on the bed so that made me feel a little better about the linens. Cant hide stains on fresh white sheets! I hate the dark color comforters most hotels offer!

oh I almost forgot , my stay was $139 per night , I thought this was a bit much for a stay during the week when you dont even get brekfast free. The buffet is 11.95

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

We are glad you were able to get a room during the extensive and prolonged power outage. Needless to say it was a very busy and hectic week at the hotel. We unfortunately had to turn away so many local residents that did not have power.

Due to the unexpected nature of the storm, our reservation system and phone lines were overwhelmed with request so it was hard to keep them in balance and updated.

However, I'm very pleased you enjoyed your stay once you arrived. The rate you recieved was lower than our normal rate during that time period. Some hotels in the area increased their rates greatly due to the demand of the power outages. We lowered the rate by $10 as a gesture of goodwill to our community.

We hope you get a chance to stay with us again, under better circumstances in the future.

Georiga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for holiday travel. The overall hotel was clean and nice inside and out. Some of the front desk clerks greeted you with a smile but overall they were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and equip with a fridge/microwave. The beds/pillows were comfortable. The maids were not noisy and loud in the hallways. You could sleep late without all cleaning noise. Location is good, near the mall and freeway. There are a large number of restaurants nearby. Nothing bad to say, pick this one over the new Hampton inn next door and we made a good choice.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for all the nice words. I'm especially glad you noticed the quietness of the houskeeping staff. This is something we continually stress to them to be aware of guest who may be sleeping or working in the room during all hours of the day.

While we like our new little sister hotel next door, we're thrilled you chose to stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Owings Mills
DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore / Woodlawn
Ramada Pikesville/Baltimore North
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore North / Timonium

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Owings Mills? Share your experiences!