All reviews business trip breakfast staff one night stay front desk staff business center up to date stay there again free breakfast convenient location pleasant stay bed was comfortable great place to stay nice room baltimore area very nice hotel indoor pool lobby
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed 4 days between Christmas and New Year's while visiting family in the area. The hotel staff is friendly and accommodating. The cookies at check-in are fabulous! The breakfast buffet staff members are extremely hospitable without being patronizing, and the food is delicious. For example, they'll prepare eggs any way you like them; being able to start the day with an egg white and spinach omelette is wonderful. The only reason I didn't give an excellent rating was because the beds did not seem as comfortable as they had in previous stays. We stayed in a room with 2 double beds. This may just have been our particular room. Otherwise, everything was great!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank CincyMandyLynn
Reviewed December 17, 2011

There is a lovely lobby and a nice fireplace to warm up your impressions when you first walk in here. The staff is very friendly, and the room was just fine. It was in fact, everything you would hope for and expect from this hotel brand: comfortable, clean and with some nice touches and amenities. I would definitely stay here again if I am in the area. There are several chain restaurants across the street and a rather depressing and large shopping mall not too far away.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Rupertpb
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Made a quick stop here during a business trip. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Location is close to some good restaurants right across the road.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank MattArmb9
HGIManager, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Owings Mills, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2011

Thank you for your stay at our hotel. I'm very pleased you liked the hotel and found our staff friendly. We appreicate the kind words and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Owings Mills.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

I booked a room at the last minute when I decided to spend the night in the area to be near a relative having surgery. Booked through hilton.com but didn't get to the hotel until 9:30 pm. When I showed up at the desk the agent told me they didn't have a reservation and were full for the night.
She then checked online and found my reservation and went to the back room to talk with a supervisor. The supervisor came out, apologized and upgraded me to an available suite -- "He's Hilton Gold we can upgrade him." So I got a "suite" -- two rooms. Not sure what someone who didn't have status with Hilton would have gotten.
The hotel is a typical HGI, comfortable room, good made to order breakfast -- better assortment of pastries at this HGI than at others that I've visited.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for your stay at our hotel and for sharing your experiences with us. I'm sorry for the delay and problem with your room. However, this was truly a case of "computer error" We were happy to give you a suite. However, if this had happened to a non Honors member we would have responded the same way. We are in the hospitality business and when problems occur we do everything we can to make it right.

Hopefully your next stay will go much smoother in the reservation process.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights. Overall the place is fine. A little overpriced for an average hotel room but clean and comfortable. On Saturday afternoon, I thought I would check out the indoor pool. Seems a Father and Daughter were using the hot tub as a bath. It was full of soap and when they came out they then jumped into the pool. Pretty nauseating. No one from the hotel was around so the spa stayed soapy and the pool now had the remaining soap bubbles floating around. Needless to say, I didn't go in.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank romhell

Thank you for your stay at our hotel, we truly value the business. I'm so sorry for the problems you encountered at the swimming pool. It is a shame that some people don't know how to act in public, I'm sorry the lifeguard didn't take a proactive approcach to the situation once it began.

I hope you give us another chance and I'm sure you will have a better chance to swim.